cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Make sure you Kudo Ideas you would like to see implemented

Bring back Red pointer (Spotlight tool)

Bring back Red pointer (Spotlight tool)

We need you to bring back the red circular pointer from the original version.  We are a landscape construction firm who uses the platform to present CAD and photo concept images to clients.  The red pointer was the only instrument we used while using GoToMeeting as we hover over all the new elements of our designs.   Clients typically use GTM on their tablets and are unable to follow or see our cursor when we present due to their smaller screen size.  We even tried increasing the size of our cursor and/or changing the color of it, but unfortunately your program defaults it to the standard small size white center, black outlined cursor.  A further concern is when we present our second monitor, the cursor is not visible on the attendees monitor.  This was not a problem on the prior version.  Why were these basic items removed from the new version, please return them to the platform.  

We are aware of the highlighting tool on the new version, but it is overkill for our needs.  A simple red pointer is essential.  Thanks

moderator edit: title for clarity

6 Comments
KateG
GoTo Moderator

@VLandscaper thanks for bringing your feedback to the GoTo Community. We will pass this on to the team. One possible work around for now is to set the drawing tools to transparent and to fade out then it acts like a highlighter that fade away after a second.

Screenshot 2023-04-03 100022.png

KateG
GoTo Moderator
Status changed to: Reviewed by moderator

KateG
GoTo Moderator
Status changed to: Investigating

GTT_User
Active Contributor

When is the red circular pointer coming back. This was a serious loss in functionality!!!

skomeili

I use my Go To for training people that are not very knowledgeable in the computer systems.  I pass the presentation to the trainee and then Guide them how to work  on it.  It would be very very beneficial if I can have a pointer on the presenters screen to tell them what they should be clicking on, what to look at ,where to type in, and basically point them to where on the screen to look at.  This is a simple tool that other applications such as Zoom are offering.  I am sure the people that have been using Go To loyally for years, would appreciate to have this tool in our environment as well.

KateG
GoTo Moderator

@skomeili I moved your comment to this similar Idea. Thanks for taking the time to share your experience here. 

Drawing Tools enhancements are currently planned in the upcoming months. We will update the Community once they are available.