Can we get Push-to-Talk added as an option?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Make sure you Kudo Ideas you would like to see implemented

Participants may be in a noisy environment. The lack of push to talk creates extra hassle of constantly having to mute, then unmute with the mouse control (even when participants are wearing headphones). Push to talk would solve this. All VoIP users should be able to assign their own PTT hotkey. When pressed it unmutes the mic, and when released, mutes it again.

Many voice chat programs like Ventrillo, Teamspeak, and Mumble, have PTT. This would be a valuable option for GoToMeeting, Webinar, and Training.

29 Comments
Richard Rowland
Bump because I agree, push to talk rules.
James St. Don
Very important feature for larger conversations.  Would eliminate a lot of inadvertant feedback, people accidentally talking while muted, etc.
Ashlynn Pai
I was very disappointed to see that there was no push to talk feature.  I consider it essential for voice communications.
Charles Cartee
Seriously... add push to talk.  It's not a complicated bit of functionality, and it's incredibly useful.  Even open source products have it.
Dmr1
A push-to-talk option is necessary in every communication tool. PLEASE concern to make the push-to-talk button variable.
Regards
Nik11
Active Contributor
Push to talk would be very useful. Currently investigating alternatives that offer this. 
Martin McCallis
Bump?
Brandon Rome
More bumps.
Bert Twiss
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Pust to Talk vs Open Mic.

Is there a way to configure Go To Meeting so that it can be push to talk instead of having an open mic? I cannot find the preferences selection to see.
Grant21
I agree, it's much quicker and more natural to find my tab / caps key than to try and aim my mouse at a little microphone every time I want to say something.