Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
howardweinberg
Active Contributor

Allow renaming online recorded meetings

Hey GoTo Meeting developemnt team..

C'mon

Why can't we rename a recorded meeting so it's easier to find once the meeting is over??

How many "Meet Now's" can one remember?

currently U gotta name the meeting initially what it will be saved as moving forward, which stinks. 

Maybe I prefer to keep my meeting title generic for my customer to see. What it's saved as is different story.

10 REPLIES 10
AshC
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Allow renaming online recorded meetings

Thanks @howardweinberg !  Appreciate the functionality feedback !

morgdaddy
Active Contributor

Agreed, this really needs to be done. If I have to go back and reference saved recordings, am I expected to listen to each one until I find the one I'm looking for? Join.Me allows for this.

howardweinberg
Active Contributor

THANKS FOR YOUR REPLY ALBEIT IT'S 5 MONTHS LATER

NEED THIS FOR GTM, NOT JOIN.ME

morgdaddy
Active Contributor

I am not with GTM. I am a user like you... I was agreeing with you. Re-read my post.

howardweinberg
Active Contributor

My bad;  I just glanced at it..

CM100
Active Contributor

I can't believe this is not an option yet. Or that more people aren't asking for this. How do people keep their recordings organized? How do they find what they need? 

GlennD
LogMeIn Manager

Hi @CM100

If you are using the Online Recording feature, your recorded meetings are listed in chronological order in your Meeting History. If you happen to use the Meet Now feature a lot, at any time before you end the meeting you can Edit the Meeting Subject through the control panel. This will be reflected in the name of the saved recording.

2018-11-14_11-00-26.jpg

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
morgdaddy
Active Contributor

Hi Glenn,

Thank you for the reply. While that may work for some, it's unlikely I'll rename the subject every time, and then reset it back to something more generic for my next meeting.

Are there any plans to be able edit the name of the meeting after it's been recorded?

GlennD
LogMeIn Manager

If you are using the Meet Now function to start each meeting, there is no need to reset anything after you edit then meeting subject in session as it doesn't carry over.  I am not aware of any plans currently to allow the renaming of recordings made with the online recording feature. 

This request will be shared with the team, they will have to prioritize it against other development work.

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!