Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AVZ
New Contributor

Bluetooth headset won't stay muted

Windows 10 updated to this posting date
GTM 7.22.1 Build 5530
Plantronics Bluetooth headset PLTV5200

When pressing the mute button on the headset, it mutes, then immediately unmutes itself. This headset mute button/function works perfectly on EVERY other application I've tried on this computer.

I'm forced to ALT-TAB (sometimes twice - another annoying GTM issue), then press the mute button in GTM, defeating the purpose of a wireless headset with a mute button. Alternatively, I'll just call in with the IP softphone and use the mute button normally and without issues.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
New Contributor

Re: Bluetooth headset won't stay muted

I was having this problem but fixed it by downloading the "Plantronics Hub" application, using it to update the firmware, and switching from bluetooth connection to the USB BT600 dongle.
18 REPLIES 18
LogMeIn Contributor

Hello,
Sorry to hear about this frustrating scenario!
Would you be able to check for hardware updates from your PC manufacturer's website?  Items of most interest would be any audio driver updates more current than the ones you have installed currently.

AVZ
New Contributor

Confirmed. Windows 10 fully updated, all drivers fully updated, including the Dell BIOS.

This issue ONLY occurs with GoToMeeting. No other audio application on this laptop has this issue.
LogMeIn Contributor

OK, I think I understand the issue you're describing.  What's odd is that we use a variety of Plantronics bluetooth devices here, and are unable to reproduce your issue.  I'll make a note of your model type, and see what else we can come up with.

AVZ
New Contributor

Odd indeed. This is a brand new Voyager 5200 UC.
Active Contributor

I have the same issue with the Plantronics Voyager Legend on OSX. "Mute on. *beep* mute off". It worked like a year ago then has since then stopped. Works fine in X-Lite. I have logs from the headset of when the mute button is pushed.

A couple months ago customer support told me that headset was not supported so I was effectively out of luck.
New Contributor

I have the same problem with a Plantronics Voyager Legend.  Works fine in other applications.
LogMeIn Contributor

Alternatively, if your headset hardware isn't responsive, you may utilize the GoToMeeting muting command in the Audio pane of the GoToMeeting control panel (should appear orange/red in color when you are muted).

AVZ
New Contributor

Of course, but as mentioned previously, that defeats the entire purpose of having a headset with a mute button on it. It's nice to be able to get up and walk around instead of being "tethered" to the computer, just in case you need to unmute yourself.

Dev request: Voice recognition for "mute me" and "unmute me" commands. It's the 21st century, surely that can't be a very tall request to add to the client. Perhaps Alexa has spoiled me...
New Contributor

I was having this problem but fixed it by downloading the "Plantronics Hub" application, using it to update the firmware, and switching from bluetooth connection to the USB BT600 dongle.