cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BooABja
Active Contributor

Re: Create parallel round table/workshop meeting rooms

No one? This means we will have to move to Zoom or Teams? Simply want to enable certain individuals to be able to open and host limited meetings for a given period of time. I cannot purchase 20-40 licenses for this purpose twice a year.
AshC
LogMeIn Contributor

@BooABja  Hosting parallel / simultaneous broadcasts is not allowed with a single Organizer account.  

We will be allowing for GoToMeeting Organizers to grant attendees the ability to start meetings without their presence, however you will still be restricted to one meeting at a time per Organizer license. 

BooABja
Active Contributor

Thank you for the reply. Correct me if I am wrong but in both Teams and Zoom a host can start breakout sessions where attendees can speak/share material and videos simultaniuos with each other?

For me I just cannot have so many licences (I'd need 40 licences that would be used about 2 hours each through the year) used for the purpose I am - I do not think I am alone these days wanting GTW and GTW to be able to use for workshops/conferences and group discussions where they often take place in paralell.

AshC
LogMeIn Contributor

I can't compare other services and their capabilities, however I can say that you're welcome to set up a 40 Organizer account and use it month-to-month if needed.  Just be sure to turn off the renewal when you no longer need the services. 

BooABja
Active Contributor

Thank you - so if I get 40 more licences I can allow external hosts to start and host each meeting room? Do I make them co-organizers to that specific meeting room (I don’t want them to have access to my account)? How do they then start the meeting?
AshC
LogMeIn Contributor

That's correct:  Each organizer uses a unique email address and password to log in.  Once you make an account member co-organizer they can start the meeting without you and only have access to that single meeting you shared. 

Stcooke
New Contributor

Re: Breakout Rooms

Breakout rooms would be ideal for GoToMeeting. Our company also does a lot of mediation. While we prefer GoToMeeting we are forced to use Microsoft Teams to often. We'd even pay more and expend on the number of licences if we had breakout rooms.
Sharon-SAC
Active Contributor

Break-out Rooms

I had read in one of the discussion board posts that the option to create break-out rooms is scheduled to be made available this year (2021) for GoToMeeting. 

I can't find an update or mention of this on the website, so can someone let me know when this feature will be made available? 

GlennD
LogMeIn Manager

Re: Break-out Rooms

Hi @Sharon-SAC

Breakout rooms is not available in GoToMeeting currently. It is something that is being looked into, but we do not have an ETA that can be shared at this time.

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
Martinjpo
Active Contributor

Possible to divide the group in subgroups during a meeting with GoToMeeting ?

Hi,

I'm trying to find out if it's possible, during a meeting using GoToMeeting, to divide the group in 2 or 3 subgroups for a specific of time, before coming back in one group.

Does anyone has the answer ?

If not with GoToMeeting, which other tool could enable this function ?

Thanks for your help,

Martin

Tags (2)