cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BelleN
Visitor

Can organizer select the webcam feeds to be shown to audience and/or be recorded?

We'd like to record a panel discussion. All panel members are logging in from separate locations. The organizer would like to act sort of as a "movie director" and determine which camera feeds are shown to the audience (and are recorded in the cloud recording. 

I have found the view function (view everyone, view who's talking, view active webcams, ...) but I have the impression everyone can select their own view and the organizer has no influence on what others see. Am I correct?

Is this sort of "director" set-up possible on GoToMeeting? Do I need third party software for this? Or even a different platform?

Thanks in advance for your help!

1 REPLY 1
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: Can organizer select the webcam feeds to be shown to audience and/or be recorded?

Hi @BelleN

I'm afraid the security requirements of GoTo services do not allow you to override attendee's own ability to block their audio and video inputs.  For example, you can 'un-mute all', but if someone has their own line muted you cannot force their audio feed to activate.  This is built in for several privacy reasons as you can imagine.

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!