cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
To help support our community and customers during the outbreak of Coronavirus (COVID-19), LogMeIn is providing free Emergency Remote Work Kits for Health Care Providers, Educational Institutions, Municipalities, Non-Profit organizations, and current LogMeIn customers. For more information please visit https://www.gotomeeting.com/work-remote
Highlighted
Active Contributor

Can't be heard by other participants on GTM

My colleagues are not able to hear me on GTM.  This was not always the case but recently every meeting I not been able to speak.  I only have one mic and speaker on my laptop.  These work fine on Zoom and Skype.

Before I join, I get the green lights flickering to register that my voice is being picked up, then when the meeting starts, no-one can hear me.  In the settings at this point the green lights no longer flicker on the  mic.

I can use my smartphone to access the meeting but this is nowhere near as good as using my laptop.

Thanks for any help

Tags (3)
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Can't be heard by other participants on GTM

Hi @lar24731 

Can you specify what audio device you're using with GoToMeeting VoIP connections? 

Do you have multiple mic inputs to choose from in the audio section of GoToMeeting's interface?  

Highlighted
Active Contributor

Hi, it is my built in laptop mic.  I have no other options.  The mic is fine.  It works with Skype and Zoom.

Thanks

Lindsay

Highlighted
LogMeIn Contributor

@lar24731  Sorry about that. 

Are you able to visit the laptop's manufacture web pages, in order to check for audio driver updates? 

Can you also confirm the GoToMeeting version in use there? 

Highlighted
Active Contributor

Thanks for the reply.  I got the IT department at work to take a look and they fixed it.  Not sure what the problem was btu they did an uninstall and reinstall and now it is OK.