cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
New Contributor

Can't connect to audio, it seems like it's connecting but in fact just going in circles, can someone help?

I cannot connect to Audio, it seems like GoToMeeting is connecting but in fact just going in circles, can someone help?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Active Contributor

Re: Can't connect to audio, it seems like it's connecting but in fact just going in circles, can someone help?

Good morning Michal, 

So when the control panel is stuck on "Connecting to Audio" it means either that the audio drivers are not responding or that the application is initializing the audio.
So first thing we want to do is the following...

Open up a window to your Recording and Playback Devices:

1. Right click on the speaker symbol in the bottom right-hand corner of your task bar.
  2. Select Playback Devices
  3. Verify if there are multiple playback devices with the same name and source
  4. In the case below we can see there are 3 devices listed with the name Speakers and 2 devices with the source High Definition Audio Device
  5. Right click on the duplicate device and select Disable

The same will need to be done for the Recording tab

Please let me know if this helps you Michal. Once you've followed these steps please test again to see if you can connect to audio. If you want also one of our live agents can assist you as well. We can host a meeting for you to practice with and check the audio.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Active Contributor

Re: Can't connect to audio, it seems like it's connecting but in fact just going in circles, can someone help?

Good morning Michal, 

So when the control panel is stuck on "Connecting to Audio" it means either that the audio drivers are not responding or that the application is initializing the audio.
So first thing we want to do is the following...

Open up a window to your Recording and Playback Devices:

1. Right click on the speaker symbol in the bottom right-hand corner of your task bar.
  2. Select Playback Devices
  3. Verify if there are multiple playback devices with the same name and source
  4. In the case below we can see there are 3 devices listed with the name Speakers and 2 devices with the source High Definition Audio Device
  5. Right click on the duplicate device and select Disable

The same will need to be done for the Recording tab

Please let me know if this helps you Michal. Once you've followed these steps please test again to see if you can connect to audio. If you want also one of our live agents can assist you as well. We can host a meeting for you to practice with and check the audio.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
New Contributor

Hi Jessica 

Thanks a lot for your prompt reply, I actually manage to fix the issue already, it was audio driver as you suggested, I have reinstalled audio driver and it seems like i can connect to audio with no delay.

Thanks a  lot for your help.

Best Regards
Michal
Highlighted
Active Contributor

Awesome Michal! Good to hear. Please let us know if anything else comes up okay? Always happy to assist.
Highlighted
New Contributor

cheers Jessica!