cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
New Contributor

Can't sign out on MAC

I am running OS 10.11.1 and the "sign out" option is greyed out for GoToMeeting. I tried going to preferences and unchecking "keep me logged in on this computer" however even after quitting the application and relaunching I am still logged in, although the box is unchecked. I need to launch the application from another account but can't until this problem is fixed.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
LogMeIn Manager

Re: Can't sign out on MAC

Hi Lisa, you'll want to Sign Out before you join the session.

• With the software installed, launch it so you see the option to start a Meet Now, Schedule a Meeting etc
  • Click on GoToMeeting in the Toolbar and select Sign Out from the drop down menu
  • Select Quit from the GoToMeeting menu

You should now be able to join someone else's meeting as a regular attendee, if you see the Sign In prompt ignore it and close it.

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
5 REPLIES 5
LogMeIn Manager

Hi Heather,

After you quit the GoToMeeting application and relaunch it, is the Sign Out option always grayed out? Unchecking the Remember Me option alone will not sign you out of the account.

New Contributor

Hi Glenn, 
Yes it remains greyed out, the "keep me signed in" box remains unchecked, but it also says "signed in as" and lists my account. 

I have tried quitting the program, restarting the computer, etc. Alas, I am still not able to log out.
Active Contributor

I am having the same issue.  Vs. 7.16  (MAC)

I am a trainer and need to get screen shots as an attendee.

I uninstalled all versions of GTM off the computer, went to www.joingotomeeting.com, entered the meeting ID.  It prompted me for my name and email address as I would expect as a guest.  But when I am actually joined, it shows me as the Organizer in the Attendee list, and the Sign Out in the preferences is grayed out.

Even when I uninstalled it completely, and tried to join from the above address, it still shows me signed in as my organizer account - and the sign out option is gray.  I unchecked the remember me as well, no luck.

Seems to be a bug - leaving traces of the application somewhere on my computer even though I uninstalled.

Help please!
LogMeIn Manager

Hi Lisa, you'll want to Sign Out before you join the session.

• With the software installed, launch it so you see the option to start a Meet Now, Schedule a Meeting etc
  • Click on GoToMeeting in the Toolbar and select Sign Out from the drop down menu
  • Select Quit from the GoToMeeting menu

You should now be able to join someone else's meeting as a regular attendee, if you see the Sign In prompt ignore it and close it.

Active Contributor

Nevermind -

I just figured it out with the right combination of steps.    The confusing part was when I had removed all the programs and cleared cache from browsers, is that when I was joining from the web browser at www.joingotomeeting.com, when the program logged me in, it showed me as an organizer even though I never signed in with an organizer credentials (with GTM uninstalled!) 

I had the same grayed out sign out option.   Don't remember the exact steps since I tried multiple times with uninstalling and everything else, but I got it to work.

I had to sign in with my organizer account first.   Go to preferences and uncheck remember me.  I put the app in my dock.  Quit the application.  Then double clicked on the flower in the dock.  Then go directly to the GoToMeeting Menu bar and Sign Out was no longer gray.  That's my best recall.