cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Eugene Cottle
New Contributor

Can't uninstall

I recently installed GoToMeeting on Windows 7 with Outlook.  I'm now trying to uninstall.  The Outlook Addin uninstalled OK, but there is still a component in my "Programs" list that I can't uninstall.  It gives me an Install Error, "Failed to start application", ... "returned Win32 error [1314]. A required privelege is not held by the client."  I am using an elevated process with System Admin rights, so I should have all the rights to uninstall the program.
1 REPLY 1
GlennD
LogMeIn Manager

Re: Can't uninstall

Hi Eugene,

You are just using Add/Remove Programs in your Windows Control Panel to uninstall GoToMeeting, correct? This specific Windows error seems to occur if the Task Account or Specified account for the job does not have the right to 'Act as part of the operating system'.  Since GoToMeeting does not require Admin rights to install, you shouldn't need to elevate the process to uninstall. One of the help articles I have read instruct you to do the following:

1. Click on Start | Programs | Administrative Tools.
  2. Select Local Security Policy.
  3. Navigate to Security Settings | Local Policies | User Rights Assignment.
  4. Right-click the right 'Act as part of the operating system' and select Properties.
  5. Verify that the account being used for the Gathering Job has this right. If it does not, please add the account.

If you haven't already, you might want to try simply rebooting the PC in order to clear any running processes, then go straight into Add/Remove Programs and try uninstalling again.

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!