cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KR1
New Contributor

Can you run GotoMeeting on Smart TV without a laptop connected?

Hello all, 

We are planning out our conference room and we would like to run GotoMeeting on a Smart TV. Ideally, we would like to be able to use GotoMeeting without having to physically connect a laptop to the smart tv. We're assuming that the Chrome browser available on the smart tv's that we're looking at will be able to run GotoMeeting, however the system requirements list that you need Windows OS or Mac OS. Has anyone managed to run GotoMeeting through a smart tv web browser? 

We are also looking into just using Chromecast to cast from a laptop. Chromecast has had some lag issues in the past and we were wondering if anyone has successfully used one to simply cast G2M from a laptop to a tv. 

Any responses would be helpful, thank you very much!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
LogMeIn Manager

Re: Can you run GotoMeeting on Smart TV without a laptop connected?

Hi,
We do not currently have a Smart TV compatible client for GoToMeeting.

Chromecasting the laptop screen would be the most reliable method currently, outside of connecting the Laptop directly.

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
14 REPLIES
LogMeIn Manager

Hi,
We do not currently have a Smart TV compatible client for GoToMeeting.

Chromecasting the laptop screen would be the most reliable method currently, outside of connecting the Laptop directly.

New Contributor

Chromecasting the laptop screen would be the best...I am a newbee to Chromecast how do I do that so people in the conference room and on gotomeeting can see my screen?
New Contributor

Chromecasting the laptop screen would be the best...I am a newbee to Chromecast how do I do that so people in the conference room and on gotomeeting can see my screen?
New Contributor

Hi Glenn - can you explain in detail how you might go about doing this?  Where is the webcam plugged into and where it is located?  how do you ensure that the people physically in the office can see the person working remote and vice versa?
New Contributor

I am casting Google chromecast from my laptop (through Extension). However, when I start the goto meeting on this browser the actual application can not be casted. Is there any solution?
Contributor

Its not really something we troubleshoot or have an article to help you with. But when you say it doesnt cast, do you receive any kind of error message when trying to start it? I would think it would try to open in the web browser as a web app.
New Contributor

I also lose the ability to chromecast during live webinars. What happens is the whole tab disappears, along with the chromecast icon, so I cannot click on it to start chromecast.  Is there a way to retain the tab when the webinar is running?  It is there for recordings when I play them, but not for live webinars.
New Contributor

Hi Glenn, any update on this? I wish to use GoToMeeting on Android based Smart TV, is it available?
LogMeIn Manager

Hi Vidit, sorry I do not have any new information about this to share. If you use our WebApp in the Chrome browser you should be able to cast the tab, but that is really just an unsupported workaround currently.