cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Contributor

Cannot use any bluetooth audio devices with G2M

After using a bluetooth headset for my first several months (March, April, May) as a G2M user, I started having audio difficulties. While G2M was recognizing the presence of my bluetooth headset, I was unable to connect for both audio and mic. I have explored every potential issue related to my laptop. The headset works perfectly with other applications on my desktop, even my softphone. I have tried several different bluetooth devices and had the same issue with all of them. I am able to use USB connected devices with G2M with no issues. Was there an update that was pushed out in late May that may have affected some audio functionality? Looking for some suggestions and help outside of laptop related suggestions. Ive explored all of those. 
23 REPLIES 23
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Cannot use any bluetooth audio devices with G2M

Hi Chris,
I apologize for the difficulties there.
Could you specify which bluetooth device and operating system you are working with?

LogMeIn Manager

Hi Chris,

There is nothing specific to Bluetooth in our desktop software basically, any regular audio input or output that Windows recognizes GoToMeeting should be able to use. Another customer last week reported a similar issue, we went into his advanced audio settings and reduced the levels of his Bluetooth devices and they began working. I am going to ask our team to investigate this issue further, now that we have a 2nd report.

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
New Contributor

@Ash I am running Windows 10 and most recently have been using a Logitec Mobile Speakerphone P710e. This device works great when connected to my mobile devices and when used for playback but will not function with G2M. I have also used BeatsX bluetooth headset and a Plantronics Voyager headset (forget the model), both of which worked well for several months leading up to the end of May.
New Contributor

@Glenn Interesting, can you send me some quick instruction on reducing those levels? Not sure I tried that...
LogMeIn Manager

Hi Chris,

Right click on the speaker icon in your System tray and select Playback Devices, then select your Bluetooth device and click on Properties. There will be a Levels tab displayed, try dragging that down to 50%.

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
New Contributor

Glenn
Checked the levels and confirmed it was at 50 or lower. Still same issue. No audio and no mic connection. I will continue to trial and error on my end. Thanks for the help 
New Contributor

Chris, 

I am seeing the same issue.  Were you ever able to find a solution?

Thank you!

Kevin

LogMeIn Contributor

Hi Kevin,

What hardware are you using there with the GoToMeeting application for audio and video?

Has the bluetoon device ever worked before with GoToMeeting?

New Contributor

I am using the beatsx bluetooth headset.

I can get it to work for audio, but it will not work as a mic.

The headset works with all other voice/video applications like Skype.

Thank you!
Kevin