cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Contributor

Clicking on control panels kick me out of Keynote presentation

Ugh... When I'm running a meeting and showing my Keynote presentation (Mac OS10 Sierra 10.12.5 (16F73), whenever I click on Control Panel buttons (Mute/Unmute, Share Screen, etc.) I get kicked out of the Keynote presentation. I usually have a Google Chrome Browser open, because I switch back and forth between windows using the Command-Tab buttons, so I click on mute, and I get kicked back to Chrome. It also happens when someone new joins the call, it bumps me out of Keynote.  So frustrating, especially since I'm usually recording the presentation. Help!
9 REPLIES 9
LogMeIn Manager

Re: Clicking on control panels kick me out of Keynote presentation

Hi Lucien,

Sorry for the frustration! Can you please check your Keynote Preferences and make sure "Allow Mission Control...." is checked?

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
New Contributor

Yes, it's checked, but still kicking me out every time I click on something. ?
LogMeIn Contributor

Hi Lucien,
In the past, the 'Allow Expose' setting in Keynote would allow GoToMeeting to continue to hover on the top layer while Keynote was in full screen presentation mode.  I believe they may have changed the Keynote behavior to exit immediately now, whenever another application is activated while Keynote is presenting full screen.  The best practice when going full screen presentation mode is to try and manage the presentation on one monitor, and the GoToMeeting application on a secondary screen.

New Contributor

I travel and work off of one computer, so that's probably great for others, but doesn't work for me. Hmm, thanks for the help, but not going to work in this case. Smiley Happy
New Contributor

Hi Lucien, I just found out that you need to un-check the "Allow Mission Control etc" preference in Keynote. I just did this and now I can access the GoToMeeting Control Panel without exiting my Keynote presentation.

New Contributor

Hi -- this is a huge huge problem, cannot use Logmein/GoToMeeting at all if I can't play full screen keynote (it has animations and other build features, and requires it to be in full screen mode) and have the GTM Control Panel up.  Everytime it goes full screen, it kicks it out of screen share mode.  I dont know why, but with presentation tomorrow, am very worried about this!  

LogMeIn Manager

Hi @gotomeetingJ 

Please try @JSEO's suggestion and test.

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
New Contributor

It does not, unfortunately.  Either way it's clicked it kicks out.  

LogMeIn Contributor

@gotomeetingJ  Could you please confirm the following:

• Apple operating system
  • Keynote version
  • GoToMeeting version