cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Active Contributor

Computer Speakers

Lately, when joining GTM as a participant, the speakers on my laptop have been changed to "unmuted".  This has happened to others as well when they join.  How can we prevent this alteration to our computer speakers when joining GTM?  

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Active Contributor

Re: Computer Speakers

I should have said not favored by all users...we often use speaker phone or sometimes have the audio broadcasted and then it causes interference (loud screeching echo when joining on computer).  

7 REPLIES 7
LogMeIn Contributor

Hi Jackie,

Sorry for the audio trouble there. 

Could you please specify what GoToMeeting software version you have installed, and upon which operating system the computer runs?

Active Contributor

I am using GTM version 8.46.0 Build 13761.  I'm on Windows 10 Pro.  Others have also been having the same issues.  I can see one is on a MAC.

LogMeIn Contributor

On your Windows PC, make sure the following GoToMeeting Preference is set there: 

MuteWhenJoining.PNG

Active Contributor

I have those parameters set appropriately and I am muted when I join.  The problem is with my speakers.

Capture.PNG

LogMeIn Contributor

Sorry for the confusion there.  That's expected behavior when joining a meeting, which we based off of user feedback on the join flow.

Active Contributor

Bummer--it is a very recent change that is not favored by many users.  When we have large meetings in person, with others on GTM, many in the room want to join the GTM to use the chat feature, know who else is participating virtually, and see the meeting materials better (if they have difficulty seeing the projection).  When joining, it is very disruptive to everyone at/on the meeting given the echo it makes.  Please consider offering a feature similar to joining unmuted so to mitigate the distruption and let the user decide how to join (speakers on or off).

Active Contributor

I should have said not favored by all users...we often use speaker phone or sometimes have the audio broadcasted and then it causes interference (loud screeching echo when joining on computer).