cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
New Contributor

Connecting an External Camera

how can I connect an external video camera instead of a webcam? I don't need HD or anything, I just want the controls of a tripod etc. Can I convert any of my video out signals (HDMI, BNC,AV) to the usb input expected by the program?

Thanks, Larry Eberle
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
LogMeIn Manager

Re: Connecting an External Camera

Hi,

GoToMeeing will only recognize standard webcams, so the only way to use another video source is to make it show up as a webcam. ManyCam is the only application I have located so far that can do this, although it does not work for all video sources so you may still need some additional hardware as well: http://download.manycam.com/feature#l...

Ultimately there is no actual benefit to using a high quality video camera as a source, over a $30 - $50.00 USB HD webcam.

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

View solution in original post

34 REPLIES 34
Highlighted
LogMeIn Manager

Hi Larry,

It may be possible to do this, but it will depend on the camera you are planning to use. What is the make and model of the camera?

Highlighted
New Contributor

Glenn,

Thanks for the reply but I think my question is simpler than your answer. My cameras have HDMI. BNC and AV outputs. They just don’t have USB video outs.
Do you have any experience with a person connecting an actual video camera (not a webcam) and converting the signal?

FYI, my cameras are Canon XF300s but I have other older cameras also.

Again, I’m not trying to send a High definition signal, just use an actual camera with a zoom on a tripod.

Thanks, Larry
Highlighted
LogMeIn Manager

GoToMeeting will only recognize USB webcams, however it may be possible to have Windows see you cameras as a regular webcam by using a 3rd party App such as ManyCam.

Highlighted
New Contributor

Much appreciated.
Highlighted
New Contributor

Hi Glenn,

Our company want to use goToTraining, and we have some cameras SONY EVI-D70. I suppose that these cameras send an analogical signal. Is it possible to use them with goToTraining? or we need somer hardware conversor?

Thanks in advance
Highlighted
LogMeIn Manager

Hi,

GoToMeeing will only recognize standard webcams, so the only way to use another video source is to make it show up as a webcam. ManyCam is the only application I have located so far that can do this, although it does not work for all video sources so you may still need some additional hardware as well: http://download.manycam.com/feature#l...

Ultimately there is no actual benefit to using a high quality video camera as a source, over a $30 - $50.00 USB HD webcam.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
New Contributor

What about a converter box that had HDMI or RCA inputs and a USB output?
Highlighted
LogMeIn Manager

Hi Josh, this isn't something that we have tested so I cannot confirm if that it would work.

Highlighted
New Contributor

I don't see my recent reply here so I'll restate it. We bought a $30 adaptor by SABRENT. Once I installed the driver, it worked with GoToWebinar perfectly.
There IS a definite benefit to using a regular camera because i put it on a tripod and was able to pan, zoom in etc. The signal is the same crappy image you get with a webcam, but the ability to operate the camera made all of the difference to us. We used it with great success.