cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: Connecting an External Camera

Has anyone tried working with a standard digital camera with video output, such as a nice canon, rather than a video cam.
Highlighted
New Contributor

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled GTM Video Connection Issue.

I'm trying to connect a Sony NXCAM into an Elgato HD50 video capture card but GTM will not recognize the video card. I'm thinking of using a Star Tech USB 3.0 HDMI Video Capture to do the same. Did I miss a setting in GTM?  Help!!
Highlighted
LogMeIn Manager

Hi John, our software only recognizes devices that show up as standard USB webcams. While we have not tested with a  Star Tech USB 3.0 HDMI Video Capture specifically, as it appears to connect via USB I believe it should be recognized.

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
Highlighted
Retired LogMeIn Contributor

Hi John, neither the Sony camera or Elgato captur card are supported by our software. Capture cards in general will not likely work due to how GoToMeeting recognize's hardware components. If the Sony camera can be recognized as a camera by connecting over USB directly to your computer and you can stream video-out from your computer to the capture card, then I think that might work; I just cannot guarantee that any setup will work with these components, so I don't want to encourage you to spend too much time on this.

Highlighted
New Contributor

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Lifesize camera Support.

Hi Support Team, Does GoToMeeting support Lifesize camera?
Highlighted
New Contributor

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled How can I host a webinar using a DSLR and two lav mics?.

Rather than using the built in webcam and mic on my Mac, I would like to use a Canon 60D DSLR and two Audio Technica Oomni atr3350 lav microphones.

I have a azden audio mixer cam-3 to plug the two mics into to, but I don't know how to get GTW to recognise the camera or the external microphones.

Anyone know what to do?
Highlighted
LogMeIn Manager

Hi Emilia, I'm sorry but  GoToMeeting is not going to recognize your DSLR camera as a webcam. You may be able to make this work by using a 3rd party software to make your camera appear as a webcam to your computer, but you would need to Google this and test the software as it is not something we can provide technical support for.

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

The Canon 60D has a USB output, which is designed for viewing on your computer. This means it MIGHT work with GTW. As long as the computer sees it as a webcam. The camera comes with it's own software, so this may or may not work.

The Canon 60D also has a HDMI output and a NTSC composite output. Either of these could be run through an adapter to convert the signal from the camera to USB, which should show up on the computer as a webcam.

For the audio, I would suggest NOT routing the audio through the camera, and instead connect them to another USB input on your computer.  GTW allows separate video and audio inputs from USB.
Connect the output of your Azden CAM-3 to the computer using a 1/8" to USB converter.  You can use something like the Audio-Technica ATR2USB.
Highlighted
Active Contributor

I have a query similar to the thread. I am trying to connect Sony MC2500 with GTM as the main camera instead of webcam. As GTM only supports the USB ports, if I convert the HDMI to USB, does GTM gonna support the Sony camera.?

Highlighted
LogMeIn Contributor

Hi @MonyAhsan  I'm sorry to say that camera connection converters may not be compatible with GoTo broadcasts, as the software is primarily looking for a basic, plug-and-play webcam connection (USB).