cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Debra2
New Contributor

Disable Attendee Screen Capture

Is there a way to prohibit recording for meetings? we have meetings that we have policies not to record.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
AshC
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Turn off recording option for attendees in meeting

Hi Debra,
While only GoToMeeting Organizers have the ability to record audio/video through our services, it is possible for an Attendee to use a third-party screen capture tool themselves.  There is no way to prevent this from occurring on their local machines once you've granted them access to your broadcast.

** You may dismiss any attendee at any time through the Organizer Control panel.

*** You may lock the meeting room at any time if using the desktop application.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
AshC
LogMeIn Contributor

Hi Debra,
While only GoToMeeting Organizers have the ability to record audio/video through our services, it is possible for an Attendee to use a third-party screen capture tool themselves.  There is no way to prevent this from occurring on their local machines once you've granted them access to your broadcast.

** You may dismiss any attendee at any time through the Organizer Control panel.

*** You may lock the meeting room at any time if using the desktop application.

View solution in original post

Jim Ouellette
New Contributor

How do I prevent attendees from saving confidential screen content that I am sharing?

Will be sharing confidential information.  I don't want the attendees to be able to record or save it to their own computers.
AshC
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: How do I prevent attendees from saving confidential screen content that I am sharing?

Hi Jim,
There is no way to stop someone from taking a screen shot or using their own recording software to capture your presentation.  If you need to implement security, you may set a password for your scheduled GoToMeeting, limit the audio to VoIP only, and keep note of who is listed in the Attendee panel while you broadcast.

Winfried Hoke
New Contributor

Hi Ash,
thank you for your answer. We just did a test call and I - as an attendee - was able to record with GoToWebinar. Following your statement, this should not have been possible. Is there a way to prohibit attendees to record via GoToWebinar tools? Best wishes and thank you, Winfried PS: I have used GoToMeeting as an organisator before, but was not logged in.
AshC
LogMeIn Contributor

Hi Winfried,
If you have your Organizer credentials saved on your desktop or mobile, then the system will likely recognize you as the scheduling organizer when joining that GoToMeeting session.

Attendees definitely cannot record the audio / video feeds, but do have some options to take snap shots through their screen sharing viewer.

Winfried Hoke
New Contributor

Hi Ash,
this makes sense, thank you. However, I have not been logged in with the admin account for this particular GoToSeminar event, just as admin of ANOTHER GoToMeeting account. So, how does that make sense? (And is there a risk of other admins of other accounts can record in our session, because they are admin somewhere else?)
A colleague has shared her experience, that user preferences/cookies/etc. might be transferred from one computer to another computer via e.g. the same Google account, but this also does not explain why it was possible to record...
Anyway, thanks for your help!
Best regards, Winfried
AshC
LogMeIn Contributor

In my experience, only Organizers and Co-Organizers have the ability to record.  I have never seen an instance where an attendee who didn't already have the organizer credentials saved locally be able to record the broadcast.

Winfried Hoke
New Contributor

Hm, no idea what happened or what we might have done wrong. Anyway thank you for your feedback to the software.
If the problem should happen again during our meeting tomorrow, we will come back to you to dig further into the matter 🙂
Best wishes
WKACN
New Contributor

Recording function in 2020

Hi all,

I have a couple of questions with regards to the recording function in GoToMeetings. I found some related topics in the community boards but the answers I'm looking for were provided in 2016. So I'm hoping to get some answers with regards to the 2020 edition of GoToMeetings.

1. Are attendees able to record the meeting session via the attendee software or the webapp? Would the host be able to record while disabling the record function for all attendees?
  2. Can the saved cloud recordings be password protected when you share them? So that only the right recipients with the password and link would be able to download them.

Thank you in advance!