cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alexanderg

GTM Computer Overloaded

After the update in early August, all my users are getting messages that their computer is overloaded and that they need to disable webcam. They had never gotten this message before, there is no way to disable it, and the machines they are running on are over the minimum requirements to run GTM... Is there any way to disable this message?
12 REPLIES 12
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: GTM Computer Overloaded

Hi @alexanderg

While you cannot disable the computer warnings, I am concerned by the behavior there.  Can you say which operating systems are in use there, and if anyone is using the ChromaCam integrations with GoToMeeting?

Reference article: https://support.goto.com/meeting/help/how-do-i-change-my-webcam-background

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
britn
Regular Visitor

We are experiencing the same issue after the August update.  This isn't happening for all users but it is happening for many.  Most users are running Dell E7470 laptops.  The issue is occurring whether they are attending a meeting while in the office or working from home.  We have also noticed Gotomeeting processes using more CPU after the update.

It doesn't help that the format of the Computer Overloaded message looks like a popup from a malicious website at first glance.  This has caused alarm from quite a few users.

emacmillan
Visitor

Our organization has the same issue; literally 25% of my current trouble tickets right now are end users suddenly complaining about "Computer Overloaded" messages during Goto Meetings. Just started in the last week, no issues prior.

As others mentioned, the pop-up is very reminiscent of prior malware experiences, so end-users are suspicious of it as well.  

All users are Windows 10, none are using any extra bells and whistles like Chromacam that I have been able to determine.  

alexatrekall

Capture.JPGHey , above is the message. All the machines are Windows 10 PRO, and each laptop is the same model :

Dell Inc. Latitude 3580
 Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-7100U CPU @ 2.40GHz 2.40GHz, 512KB Level 2 cache
 1.0.1 DELL - 1072009
 8,192 MB RAM

I would say that about 50% of the users are seeing this issue, and the only thing they have open is VPN, our Remote Cloud, and Chrome with less than 4 tabs open.
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Hello,

I apologize for the confusion with this new error message, it is not related to anything malicious.

We developed a notification system to alert GoTo users when their operating systems approach maximum capacity, with an offer to disable certain high-demand features like webcam sharing.

We will share this feedback with the GoTo team.

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
aschtainer
New Contributor

GoToMeeting running cpu at 100%

Hi.
I have a user who tells me the following:

"Several of our team members are getting a warning to turn off our web cameras, due to over heating. In Teams we don’t get this issue. Is there a way to fix this in GoToMeeting to allow us to use our web cams?

I asked him to update the drivers, and he did.
I asked him to reinstall the application, and he did.
but the problem still occurs.
Is there any action that I can take so that the app does not consume so much resources? is it due to a bug?

Thank you, I will wait for your comments.
TBSDennis
Active Contributor

Our helpdesk is logging several tickets with this pop up as well. We don't use Chromacam. Our laptops are all I7 with 16GB of RAM, all Lenovo T480s or newer. Exactly what metrics are being examined? We monitor CPU and Memory on all devices and receive alerts when they exceed a threshold and we are not getting any alerts for excessive CPU, memory, or network utilization. We need to be able to turn this OFF. We have user with a brand new 2K dollar I7 Lenovo X1 Carbon thinking her computer is rubbish because GTM says it's overloaded.
Michael22
Visitor

I'm seeing the same error on a Lenovo ideapad running Windows 10 - whenever I run GotoMeeting since the August update and have something like PowerPoint and a couple Chrome windows open. I'm also noticing poor performance whever this occurs - e.g. very slow browser site loads.

overloaded message.png

Janina

Im getting the same error as well. I have a new Dell running windows 10 and have 131 GB of ree space.. soooo ??