cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
New Contributor

GTM Error - "Technical Difficulties"

Windows 7 SP1 machine. Happens each and every time we try to launch GTM, and I've gone though the uninstall / reinstall / reboot process.

Found this in one of the log files:

2018-04-24 11:12:58.812 PST i: [g2mcomm] <Main> CIpcPluginHost::launchPluginProcess() - plugin does not exists, path[C:\Users\user.domain\AppData\Local\GoToMeeting\8625\g2mlauncher.exe]

Any ideas?

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: GTM Error - "Technical Difficulties"

@rjonessoar @cmaccormack @ra_l   We are still investigating the problem currently, and it is high priority.  While I don't believe they will roll out another version for at least several days, I can offer you a temporary downgrade, which should get you through this rough patch for the next couple of weeks. 

I appreciate your patience with this matter.  If you want to confirm your login address, click on my Community name to send me a private message with the correct email spelling.

Update March 6th :  Through testing, we have identified certain audio software as the cause of this issue. We are continuing to investigate and work towards a resolution. In the meantime, the following workaround can be used:

• Open Windows Task Manager
  • Under Name Background Processes look for Nahimic tasks or AlienWare Sound Center, or Sonic Suite 3 tasks and End Task on all of them
  • Under Startup tab
  • Look for Nahimic audio drivers or AlienWare Sound Center
  • Disable
  • Quit and restart GoToMeeting b11748
  • GoToMeeting will now work

109 REPLIES 109
LogMeIn Contributor

I am sorry for the difficulty you experienced.

We have found this error messagy usually means the PC or User account has been infected with malware.  Installing an anti-malware software such as Malwarebytes, and running a full sweep may be necessary before attempting to rung GoToMeeting again.

New Contributor

Ran MalwareBytes and it really didn't find anything that would have caused any  issues with GTM.

Went into %appdata% and found everything GoToMeeting related in local, locallow, and roaming and deleted it all.

Tried the install again and it worked.

New Contributor

Gotomeeting has experienced technical difficulties

I can no longer use GoToMeeting from my laptop at all.

I have an account (my whole organization has an account), and I have been using GoToMeeting on this laptop for months.  On Friday, I tried starting a meeting using my "Imprompt meeting" link, but it would not start.  The gotomeeting window pops up and says "Starting" for about 15-30 seconds.  Then it disappears.  Then 1-3 minutes later I get another pop-up saying: "Gotomeeting has experienced technical difficulties. Please try again."  This happened every time I tried.  However, I was still able to "Join a Test Meeting", so things were at least PARTLY working.  I am running on Windows 10.
My IT support group got in touch with GoToMeeting support, and they gave us some nonsense about trying to uninstall, remove "RootKit.Fileless.MTGen malware", reboot, and then try to start a meeting again. So I went through the steps (no such malware was found, but I still rebooted).  Now I cannot even join a test meeting successfully.  The same thing happens as was happening before, when I tried launching a meeting.  I get the "Starting" window, then it goes away, then a couple of minutes later I get the error message window.

So at this point I can neither start nor attend any gotomeetings.

Tags (1)
New Contributor

Several people in my organization (including me) have started having this problem over the past couple of weeks, as well. We were told by support that malware was likely the culprit.  We were dubious, but I tried the solution.  As expected, no malware was found.  But in the process, I uninstalled gotomeeting and gotoopener, and I rebooted my computer, and I tried again.  The only thing that changed was that BEFORE I was able to join meetings, but I was unable to start any meetings. NOW I cannot start any meetings AND I cannot join any meetings.  Even trying to join the "test meeting" gives me this "technical difficulties" error.  At this point, I simply cannot use gotomeeting for anything.  Pretty inconvenient, since this is  what my organization uses for meetings.  If we can't fix this, we'll have to find a different solution for the whole organization.

LogMeIn Contributor

@rjonessoar  I apologize for the difficulties there.

Could you specify what operatin system is in use there?

Which firewalls are currently installed on the PC?

Have you tested from a different network connection as well?

New Contributor

I am running Windows 10. Our organization uses Cylance for virus protection and firewalls, it is implemented as part of our Windows Domain, so I don't have my own personal firewall.  A few people are having this problem and most are not, and our IT department is confident the problem is not on our end.  Everything was working fine for months until a couple of weeks ago.  I have tried from both my home and work networks. 

I think it's suspicious that uninstalling and reinstalling caused the problem to get even worse (I could at least attend meetings before, and now I can't).  This is further evidence that this is a gotomeeting problem and not a problem on our end.

LogMeIn Contributor

@rjonessoar  We could always look at some log files with you and your teammates who are also experiencing the issue.  There could be a network issue that you are not aware of, and only affects some locations.  When you receive the error message itself, we should be able to determine the general cause with you if you contact support at that time.

New Contributor

Did you try what worked for me? Uninstall and then go find everything GTM related in %appdata% and SHIFT delete it and then reinstall. 

New Contributor

Your approach sounded promising, but I do not see anything in my AppData folders that look related to GTM.