cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Keely Hunt
New Contributor

GoToMeeting Incompatible with some high DPI Screen Resolutions

My new Lenovo Ideapad Yoga13 runs optimally with a screen resolution of 1600x900, but with this resolution, it has been confirmed with Citrix support, that the GoToMeeting window cannot display all of my screen and the location of my mouse does not display in the actual location (about an inch to the right and down from where it actually is). The solution was for me to change my resolution to 1280x800, but then many of my other programs such as Outlook display so poorly it's difficult to see. I'm hoping Citrix plans to make GoToMeeting compatible with the 1600x900 resolution. Side note: I am using Windows8.
102 REPLIES 102
Kyle Gruel
New Contributor

Re: GoToMeeting Incompatible with some high DPI Screen Resolutions

I found the case from your support call, and taking a look at the screenshots it appears that the "Change the size of all items" has been increased, which would currently cause the mouse offset and sharing issues seen at the 1600x900 resolution.

This resolution itself can be displayed through GoToMeeting if the size is set to 100%/default with these instructions (for Windows 8.1):

1. Right click the desktop and select 'Screen Resolution'
2. Click 'Make text and other items larger or smaller'
3. Move the slider bar to 'Smaller' (or 100%, depending)
4. Click Apply

More instructions available here for Windows 8: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/wi...
Derek Small
New Contributor

I have a similar situation, Dell XPS 12. 1920x1080. Microsoft says the default is the middle, not smaller, and that makes everything on a 12" screen way to small to read. As we move all our team who travel and do presentations to ultrabooks, having them adjust this setting is not a good solution. Once again the default and recommended setting from Microsoft for ultrabooks running 8.1 is not "smaller" it is in the middle.

Does Citrix have any plans to address this issue? It does not seem to be an issue with some competitor products like teamviewer I prefer gotomeeting, but consider this unusable if other products don't require my team to have to adjust the settings as you suggest.
Jeff Villwock
New Contributor

I have same issue as Derek. Using Surface Pro 2 - win 8.1. Resolution is set to 1920x1080. My participants see the left 2/3rds of my screen. To compensate, I'm changing the presentation window size to the left 2/3rds of the screen, so the partipants now see all of that window.

Citrix, please fix.
Ryan Gilligan
New Contributor

This needs to be fixed Citrix - we use GotoMeeting for demos - and your solution is a not a workable solution - it causes other issues. We need to get this addressed ASAP.

The default screen and recommended resolution on the Dells 1920x1080

Can someone contact me please?
Travis Brown
New Contributor

Is anyone aware of a fix for this yet?
BlairLeduc
New Contributor

I am also having trouble and the work around is not viable. I have a 3200x1800 15" screen (XPS 15 Touch) and a 4K 24" monitor, both are extremely small and unusable at 100%.
Michael Palmqui
New Contributor

I seem to be having same issues on my new Dell Precision laptop. Has 3200x1800 resolution. Changing the resolution down doesn't seem to help, sharing my screen viewers only see left side of my screen.
Tony Simone
New Contributor

@Michael, I have a Dell Precision M3800 with 3200x1800 also, I've found that if I cut my resolution in half (1600x900) that it works fine.

I am having some other weirdness, though. If I plug in an external monitor, 1920x1080, and oriented it above my laptop screen I can drag GTM up to it and everything looks perfect. But if I put the monitor beside my laptop and tell windows it's to the side, I cannot drag GTM over to it. Not sure if this is some limit that GTM won't go past the 3200 pixels of screen 1 to get over to 2. It's crazy and annoying, though.
GlennD
LogMeIn Manager

Hi Tony, not being able to move GTM sideways to your 2nd monitor is very odd, I'm not aware of any built in limitation that would cause this.
Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!