cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Domenico Yousef
New Contributor

GoToMeeting New Experience on a Mac - FullScreen issues while sharing application window

Hi,

I am running GoToMeeting 10.11.1 Build 18068 on MacOs 10.15.6. I run into 2 issues when sharing a specific application window and then going into full screen:

1. The sharing controls that appear at the top of the screen disappear once i go into full screen & im unable to get them back unless I exit full screen
  2. Sometimes the application window i am sharing appears cropped to the other members of the meeting once i go into full screen - my fix there is to exit full screen then the window doesnt appear cropped to everyone

Any ideas on what i can try to get these issues resolved?

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
MacaroniDuck
New Contributor

Re: GoToMeeting New Experience on a Mac - FullScreen issues while sharing application window

Was there ever a resolution to this issue?  I am experiencing the same thing with the current build of GoToMeeting.  When I attempt to share an application window, it crops the window.  I have not tried exiting full screen as I only discovered your post after experiencing the issue so I can't confirm that resolves it for me.

I'm also able to share a full screen without this issue.

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: GoToMeeting New Experience on a Mac - FullScreen issues while sharing application window

What I can say is that sharing an application window that's in full screen defeats the purpose of that method, and may conflict with the design overall.  What would you be trying to 'hide' when in full screen that you cannot just share the entire desktop?

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
MacaroniDuck
New Contributor

This might be one of the most unhelpful comments I've read in a long time. If there's no point in having a feature to share only an application window instead of full screen, why is it there?  If it's going to be there, it should work properly.  Despite your implications, there are plenty of legitimate reasons for people sharing only their application window (those that work in healthcare or have other privacy concerns, etc.)