Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Contributor

GoToMeeting Outlook Plugin Disappearing

GoToMeeting Outlook Plugin Disappearing

1.Using office 365 
2.Windows 10  Pro
3.GoToMeeting Outlook Plugin Disappearing when i was closed the outlook.evry time i follow the step to enable it through Add in ..

Please give me a solution  
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: GoToMeeting Outlook Plugin Disappearing

Although I'm not running Office 365, some versions may have the ability to stop Outlook from disabling add-ins it considers 'slow':

1. Open Outlook
  2. Click File
  3. Locate Slow and Disabled COM Add-ins heading
  4. Click Manage COM Add-ins button
  5. Click Always enable this add-in

Note: If the plugin has already been temporarily re-enabled, clicking Disable this add-in and then clicking Always enable this add-in will permanently enable it.

28 REPLIES
LogMeIn Contributor

Hi Syed,
What can happen with Outlook sometimes is, it believes that certain plugins slow down performance and disables these automatically. 

Microsoft reference:  https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2758876/add-ins-are-user-re-enabled-after-being-disabled-by...

Programs in Office 2013 and later versions provide add-in resiliency in that the apps will disable an add-in if it performs slowly. However, you can re-enable the add-in and select the "Always enable this add-in" option to prevent the add-in from being auto-disabled by the Office program. For example, the following figure shows an add-in that was disabled because it caused Outlook to shutdown slowly. The option to "Always enable this add-in" is shown as well.

Here's one other referenced User solution if that should fail:  https://www.slipstick.com/outlook/always-load-an-outlook-addin/

Frequent Contributor

I have the same configuration" Win 10 Pro , Outlook 2016 (Office 365), new computer. I  followed the instructions to always enable the plugin several times, but no matter what I do, every time I open Outlook, the plugin is gone again. I have read the instructions to edit the registry, and I am uncomfortable doing so. Are there any plans to correct the error in future releases? Do you have any ideas in the meantime?
Fran Simon
Engagement Strategies
http://EngageStrat.com
LogMeIn Contributor

Although I'm not running Office 365, some versions may have the ability to stop Outlook from disabling add-ins it considers 'slow':

1. Open Outlook
  2. Click File
  3. Locate Slow and Disabled COM Add-ins heading
  4. Click Manage COM Add-ins button
  5. Click Always enable this add-in

Note: If the plugin has already been temporarily re-enabled, clicking Disable this add-in and then clicking Always enable this add-in will permanently enable it.

New Contributor

this worked. thanks
New Contributor

Meet Now Missing from Toolbar Inside Calendar Meeting View

Meet now is missing from the calendar meeting view ribbon. I've attached two screenshots. I also uninstalled and reinstalled all GoToMeeting related applications and tried a reboot. bflinn1.PNGbflinn2.PNG

LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Meet Now Missing from Toolbar Inside Calendar Meeting View

@ahauer Let us know if the MS Outlook fix directed here does not work in your situation.

New Contributor

Hello, thank you for your prompt reply. It does not fix the issue. 

LogMeIn Contributor

If you've already tried reinstalling the Outlook plugin, with no error messages shown, then you might try this CLI installer we developed:  Outlook CLI Installer Tool

New Contributor

I have the same problem as ahauer.  The CLI installer runs the same install as setup.exe did, but I don't see the add in no matter how hard I look.