cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Active Contributor

GoToMeeting Process Using Greater Than 1GB RAM

Hello.

We have GoToMeeting installed on a Windows 2016 RDS server.  For each user, there are 3 G2M processes, which I think I understand.  The problem is that for each user the g2mlauncher.exe process is using between 1GB and 1.5GB of RAM.

Is this normal?  Even though there is enough RAM on the server to accomodate the amount used by the process, it seems to adversely affect the performance of the user's session, even if they have no meetings in progress.

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: GoToMeeting Process Using Greater Than 1GB RAM

Hello @kbrubaker ,

While I don't have that server setup here, I can state that even collectively, the G2MLauncher.exe should not be taking up that much RAM.  On a typical windows system it would only be using 10-20 MB max, if active in the task bar.  If the users are not active, you might consider ending the program until they join a session again.

2 REPLIES 2
LogMeIn Contributor

Hello @kbrubaker ,

While I don't have that server setup here, I can state that even collectively, the G2MLauncher.exe should not be taking up that much RAM.  On a typical windows system it would only be using 10-20 MB max, if active in the task bar.  If the users are not active, you might consider ending the program until they join a session again.

Active Contributor

Hello @AshC,

For no apparent reason, the g2mlauncher.exe processes for each user have returned to approximately 33MB of RAM.  This is after running for days at 1GB RAM.  No changes were made to account for this, so at this point it could just as easily return to 1GB.  I called LogMeIn support but they had no answers.

Thank you for your fast reply.  At least I know now what the expected RAM usage is.