cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Active Contributor

GoToMeeting ends automatically after 120 minutes / 2 hours when I'm alone in session

Frequently I have a webmeeting that ends early without warning, and it seems this happens after exactly 90 or 120 minutes.

Many of my meetings are opened from the web but have only phone (dial-in) participants, so only the organizer appears as participant while one or more persons participate by phone. Some of my meetings have only phone participants including the organizer who opens the meeting.

Is this automatic shut-down a feature of GTM? How can I prevent this to happen?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
LogMeIn Manager

Re: GoToMeeting ends automatically after 120 minutes

Hi Philippe,

In order to avoid having a meeting accidentally run indefinitely if organizers forget to hang up their telephone, GoToMeeting has a built-in security feature that will end a toll audio-only call after 120 minutes.

If you require your session to extend beyond 2 hours, then you must launch the full meeting with the desktop app or Web App and have at least 1 other participant join -- like your smart GoToMeeting phone app.

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19
Highlighted
LogMeIn Manager

Hi Philippe,

In order to avoid having a meeting accidentally run indefinitely if organizers forget to hang up their telephone, GoToMeeting has a built-in security feature that will end a toll audio-only call after 120 minutes.

If you require your session to extend beyond 2 hours, then you must launch the full meeting with the desktop app or Web App and have at least 1 other participant join -- like your smart GoToMeeting phone app.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
New Contributor

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Is it possible to extend the recording duration of a meeting? it currently cuts o....
Highlighted
New Contributor

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled My audio over GTM phone call hangs up after exactly 2 hours..

My audio over GTM phone call hangs up after exactly 2 hours. Not sure if co-incidence but my meeting was also scheduled for two hours.

For example I schedule a meeting from 2:00-4:00.  I connect to meeting and dial in at 1:50.  At exactly 3:50 I get disconnected.  All the attendees are still on the call but I am not.  Have to call back in.

Is this possibly a GTM issue or setting?

John
Highlighted
New Contributor

I have the same problem (meeting ends automatically after 2h). what does it mean "launch the full meeting with the desktop app"?
Highlighted
New Contributor

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled The meeting ends automatically after 2 hours.

I need to do a webinar during 4 hours, but after 120 minutes exactly, the meeting is automatically end.
What can I do to be able to run the meeting for at least 4 or 5 hours?
Highlighted
LogMeIn Manager

Hi Adria,

As long as you have at least one other person attending, the meeting or webinar will not end automatically after 120 minutes.

Highlighted
Active Contributor

The proposed solution still doesn't work for me. I have just had a meeting today with 2 web-attendees and 3 phone attendees. After exactly 2 hours all phone attendees were kicked out of the meeting and had to re-dial in. I have never been able to hold a meeting over 2 hours without this happening. I don't understand why this 'feature' is set and cannot be changed. It's been 2 years since my first post on this. I will propose to my company to change service.

Highlighted
LogMeIn Contributor

Hi Philippe,
Sorry about the confusion.
That should not happen when you have other attendees using applications to join your meeting live.  If you could call us at your convenience to grab log files from the affected PC, we can certainly help investigate the root cause:  https://support.logmeininc.com/gotomeeting/contactus-a 

Logging tool:  For Windows OS

Highlighted
Active Contributor

I sent the log files of the meeting to the email address given.