cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Active Contributor

GoToMeeting kills my microphone on Chrome

I have several microphones: the default built in plus the one from a monitor an a wireless Jabra. I sometimes also plug a camera with built-in microphone

They all work fine and I can switch from one to another at any point, any application

Since beginning this month, all microphones stop working shortly after I initiate a GoToMeeting session - on Chrome. But they only stop working on Chrome - any tab. I can use any other application and they work just fine, all microphones

As soon as I restart Chrome, all microphones work again on any Chrome tab, including GoToMeeting ... after a while and then the cycle restarts

I am on Ubuntu 18.04 and last version of Chrome (at time of posting): 79.0.3945.88 (Official Build) (64-bit), so there is unfortunately not other way for me than using the web application via Chrome. I called Support but they only suggested me to reinstall the audio drivers ...

I tried disabling and re enabling pulsaudio and played with pavucontrol but no difference. The relevant information is that everything works fine outside Chrome

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
LogMeIn Manager

Re: GoToMeeting kills my microphone on Chrome

Hi,

From what you have reported the microphone issue is only affecting Chrome and not any internal applications you have installed, is that correct? 

Before your next GoToMeeting session please open chrome://webrtc-internals/ in another tab and Enable diagnostic packet and event recording.  Once the meeting is over please download the logs and upload them HERE

The GoToMeeting Web App is built using Google's APIs and is independent of the operating system you are using, so  I would also recommend reporting this issue to Google Chrome also.

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

View solution in original post

Tags (4)
13 REPLIES 13
LogMeIn Contributor

@mguardos Are you able to confirm the site permissions for GoToMeeting in Chrome through the 'padlock' icon when in your next broadcast?  Please check that the mic is fully permitted within there.

Active Contributor

Thank you for the reply

Permissions in Chrome are fine. Indeed, the microphone works fine for a few min and then it stops working. When GoToMeeting stops working (the microphone), then no website on chrome recongnizes the microphone

New Contributor

I have the exact same problem. Were you able to solve this? If so, can you share?

Active Contributor

I am actually very happy that I am not the only one. The more, the "pushier" I hope Smiley Happy. GoToMeeting did not accept this is an issue from their end and was not even able to submit a formal request nor to get any Linux-specific technician to talk to me

No solution for me yet. My workaround is to login with my cell phone also so I can talk during the entire session. If only GoToMeeting worked on Firefox ...

New Contributor

I was running Mint when I first encountered this and thought it was Mint specific. I found if I reset Pulse, it would bring it back. As an experiment, I installed another Ubuntu variant PopOS onto a thumb drive and have been running off of that for over a week, and hoped that I licked the problem but was on a GTM call today and it happened again to me. I seem to last about 30m before it just dies. It's actually enough of a problem, that I'm considering dumping out of GTM because I can't tolerate this business-wise.

I got escalated to a Level 2 supervisor, and they basically flat out said that they don't support Linux and they had nobody to support it.

I am literally going to have to consider moving us to Zoom.

Active Contributor

Agreed. Their Linux support is inexistent.

Thank you for your testing details. I will try to spread the voice around in case we can lobby. Please let me know if you make the switch to Zoom, to know if it works well as we might end up doing the same

New Contributor

They decided to escalate this to their development team, so maybe we will get someone to pay attention to us.

LogMeIn Manager

Hi,

From what you have reported the microphone issue is only affecting Chrome and not any internal applications you have installed, is that correct? 

Before your next GoToMeeting session please open chrome://webrtc-internals/ in another tab and Enable diagnostic packet and event recording.  Once the meeting is over please download the logs and upload them HERE

The GoToMeeting Web App is built using Google's APIs and is independent of the operating system you are using, so  I would also recommend reporting this issue to Google Chrome also.

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

View solution in original post

Tags (4)
Active Contributor

Thanks Glenn for the reply

It is correct in my case. It only kills the sound for Chrome. The other applications continue working fine. And the only way I found to get the audio back on Chrome is restarting the laptop. Restarting Chrome does not make it

I will do as you say the next meeting I help and provide feedback as requested