cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: GoToMeeting kills my microphone on Chrome

Per my responses earlier in this thread I have the exact same issue. I am able to use Zoom, Skype, Slack, Google Meet for extended periods of time with no issue.

I will try to do as you suggest.

Highlighted
New Contributor

Hello @mguardos

I'm experienting the same issue with Ubuntu (Ubuntu 18.04.4 LTS) + Chrome (80.0.3987.87) + Goto. 
I'm really frustrated  😞

Were you able to solve it? any updates?

Thanks in advance.

Highlighted
New Contributor

In fairness to them, they tried to assist, but I wasn't prepared to do the level of comprehensive troubleshooting necessary to sort this out. My issue is that I use this for client calls all day, and frankly just don't have the time. I negotiated for a refund, and have moved my team to Zoom with no issues since.

Highlighted
Active Contributor

Why has this been marked as a solution? 

I am still trying to find the way to record and send the feedback. I am also using GoToMeeting to present our tool to customers, so not easy to setup the scenario to track

But the problem still remains. I did not see the option to unmark the question as solved. Is this something you can please change?

Thanks,

Miguel

Highlighted
New Contributor

This is still happening for me. The microphone stops working randomly in Chrome. Only a restart of Chrome helps to continue.  Maybe we shouldn't consider this discussion as "Solved" when there is only a request for debugging information.

I've created the dumps as requested and uploaded them at the link provided. One is using Chromium, the other two are created using Chrome. I've added both parties to the call, but only one was failing.

Highlighted
New Contributor

Why is this resolved.  There is no solution.
I am a customer since November 2013.

I have been using a Linux OS and the G2M web app since.

You know... GotoMeeting without a working Microphone isn't a very usefull application.

So I am about to stop paying for this, unless you tell me a solution will be available soon.

Please G2M, give us an update on this issue.

Highlighted
New Contributor

Microphone on Chrome stops working after couple of minutes using Gotomeeting

We know G2M doesn't officially support Linux.

But I am about to cancel my subscription to G2M which I have been paying since November 2013 because of this.
So I'd like to have a confirmation from someone that it will NOT be resolved.

I am using
- Chrome Version 79.0.3945.88 (Official Build) (64-bit)

- Ubuntu Release 18.04.3 LTS (Bionic Beaver) 64-bit

- G2M web application

I start or join a meeting.  Everything works perfectly like always.

Then after 3-4 minutes (seems random), the microphone stops working.

The only way to get it working again is to close all Chrome windows ... and restart/rejoin the meeting.

This problem started (couple of weeks ago ... not sure when)

I just want to know if I must cancel, or if we'll get a solution soon.

Thank you

Highlighted
LogMeIn Manager

Re: Microphone on Chrome stops working after couple of minutes using Gotomeeting

Hi @Patrick_L 

I am an Ubuntu user myself, I run 19.10 64bit on a Dell OptiPlex, I have tried multiple times to recreate this issue since it was first reported here and have been unsuccessful. If you could follow the directions in the post marked as the solution and provide log files from your computer it may help identify the issue.

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: Microphone on Chrome stops working after couple of minutes using Gotomeeting

Thank you GlennD for replying to my question.
This morning  had 3 meetings, it happened on the first call but I was not logging events.
I activated logs in hope to get it reproduced after but it didn't... 
It doesn't want to be found.
I continue to monitor each call until I get it in logs ... I'll post you the result then...

Highlighted
New Contributor

@GlennD 
Update:

When I log Chrome API events during a meeting, the issue isn't showing.

I tried a new approach last week and so far it works all the time:
https://brave.com/download/

Brave browser is a Chromium engine.  

G2M works in it. and the audio issue doesn't seem to happen.