cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
New Contributor

GoToMeeting system test meeting.

I am trying to confirm that GoToMeeting works on my MacBook Pro. When I click your test link all I see is a dialog saying "Waiting for Organizer." I was expecting to see some sort of dummy test meeting and a little bit of audio confirming the test worked. What are my next steps to confirm GoToMeeting is working?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
LogMeIn Manager

Re: GoToMeeting system test meeting.

Hi Rick,

That test shows that you are able to connect sucessfully, which is really the most important step. GoToMeeting will select the default audio microphone and speakers configured in your Mac's System Preferences, so unless you use some exotic 3rd party audio equipment, you shouldn't experience any issues.

Are you planning to use your Mac's built in microphone and some headphones, or do you have a USB headset?

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
LogMeIn Manager

Hi Rick,

That test shows that you are able to connect sucessfully, which is really the most important step. GoToMeeting will select the default audio microphone and speakers configured in your Mac's System Preferences, so unless you use some exotic 3rd party audio equipment, you shouldn't experience any issues.

Are you planning to use your Mac's built in microphone and some headphones, or do you have a USB headset?

View solution in original post

Highlighted
New Contributor

Greetings,

USB headset ... worked fine.

Thanks.

Suggestion: it would be nice if you had a dummy meeting that we could log into that just played a loop audio stating that the connection works and you can disconnect now.

Best regards,

Rick Evans
Highlighted
New Contributor

AGREED! I've been searching and searching for a way to test my speakers and mic. Now see that I'm just going to have to go on faith!
Highlighted
LogMeIn Manager

Hi, our Waiting for Organizer message now includes Mic and Speaker tests, so you can use our test meeting to check your audio before your meeting. 

http://support.citrixonline.com/en_US/meeting/all_files/G2M050038

Highlighted
New Contributor

I don't see it on the iOS app though. Is it there also?
Highlighted
LogMeIn Manager

Hi Andy, it's not really necessary for our iOS App as an iPhone is and iPhone etc. Desktop computer set ups can vary greatly and have more than one audio input/output option.

Highlighted
New Contributor

That makes sense.

I think part of my initial confusion was that I thought "testing the connection" was also testing the audio ( that maybe I'd hear elevator music or something. ). And when I didn't hear audio, I thought I had a problem.

Thanks for your replies, Glenn!