cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dellguy3700
New Contributor

GoToRoom GoToRoom: Unable to activate device. Error 401: DEVICE_ALREADY_PROVISIONED

Good day all, I bit frustrated.  It took months to receive our equipment. I got to set up the first of 3 "Rooms" I get the GoToRoom: Unable to activate device. Error 401: DEVICE_ALREADY_PROVISIONED and I call support.  the tech (Luis) had the system reset and ready rather quickly.  Monday I go to set up the next room system. I get the same error, and I call support.  A different tech goes tries to help.  He perceives the issue completely differently than Luis does. I try to explain the path that Luis took.  I ask him if he wants the previous case number so he can review the notes. This tech would have none of it. about 30 minutes later this tech tells me he is going to contact his supervisor, when he gets back on the phone he sends me a link to pair the system. I explain that the system isn't showing a code and that it is stuck on the above error.  He is in disbelief. Finally, he decides he is going to escalate the issue.  on hold a bit longer he comes back and tells me the equipment was registered to another company and that they would have to reset the system.  he then tells me to wait for a call from Tier 2 support.  That was Monday today is Wednesday. I haven't heard anything....

2 REPLIES 2
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: GoToRoom GoToRoom: Unable to activate device. Error 401: DEVICE_ALREADY_PROVISIONED

@Dellguy3700  I apologize for the support delays.  

Due to the unknown error type we are in the process of investigating further.  Please let me know if you do not hear an update in the next 48 hours. 

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
Dellguy3700
New Contributor

Re: GoToRoom GoToRoom: Unable to activate device. Error 401: DEVICE_ALREADY_PROVISIONED

I appreciate your response. I feel that if the second tech looked at the notes from the first case the issue would have been resolved.  I also feel that I am going to receive the same run around with the third device.