cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Darrell Deck
New Contributor

GotoMeeting auto launch from Chrome not working

When using Chrome and Gmail - meetings, I click on a scheduled Goto meeting link and it opens the "Redirecting" tab with the page "Allow GoToMeeting to launch .....". "Click Launch Application if prompted by your browser. If GoToMeeting does not launch, please try again or download & run GoToMeeting." and it should now open the meeting automatically but it doesn't. I now have to click on  download & run GoToMeeting and then run the EXE that it downloads (every time I attend a meeting). No errors, all works fine but it does not completely auto start on only one of my computers. Works fine on other computers I use and works fine using Firefox. I have already done an uninstall/install with no luck.

Environment:
Windows 7
Google Chrome
Gmail

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
AshC
GoTo Moderator

Re: GotoMeeting auto launch from Chrome not working

@danatsosa  Do you also have AdBlocker, Privacy Badger, or similar plugins installed that would stop the GoTo Opener from launching automatically? 

Have you tried testing while temporarily disabling pop-up blockers or local security software?

Have you considered removing the GoToMeeting Launcher and Application from your computer before rebooting and reinstalling again?

Ash is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17
Michael16
Retired GoTo Contributor

Hi Darrel, this sounds like an issue where Chrome may have stored a setting that prevents the launcher from automatically starting. This process is a little involved, so it would be best if you gave our 24/7 support team a call at your earliest convenience and one of our representatives will be able to better assist you with this over the phone.

Kevan Hanson
New Contributor

Can I ask how this was resolved as I have the same issue.
AshC
GoTo Moderator

Hi Kevan,
What can sometimes happen with web browsers, is that an option to 'run' or 'open this every time' may not have been checked by the user, and thus the browser intentionally 'forgets' to do the same action the next time.

If you're not comfortable resetting Chrome, you can contact us for an assist, as Michael mentioned previously.

Rebecca Narodow
New Contributor

please publish the solution.  I have reset Chrome and the redirector is still sending me to the webapp instead of launch the application.  
Michael16
Retired GoTo Contributor

Hi Rebecca, to reset Google Chrome, click the vertical ellipses (three dots stacked on each other) in the top-right corner of Chrome, then click Settings. Click Advanced, then click Reset. This will not remove any of your saved bookmarks or passwords.

Rebecca Narodow
New Contributor

Michael,

Thanks for the reply.  However, I have already reset Chrome using this process. 

These steps did not fix my problem which is when I click on a GTM meeting link, I am redirected to the web app instead of having the application launched.  I do not want to use the webapp.  

If I cannot overcome this, I am going to abandon Chrome completely.  I use GTM mutliple times a day, copying the meeting ID and manually launching the application is not something I am will to continue to do.

Just to summarize - how do I get chrome to launch the application from a link?

Thanks
Rebecca
Michael16
Retired GoTo Contributor

I apologize for my oversight, I see now you did mention you already reset Chrome. Have you already uninstalled both GoToMeeting and the GoToOpener from your computer? If not, please try uninstalling both, then reinstall the programs from here.

An alternative installation can be done using our MSI installers.

Salah15
New Contributor

Hello,

We have the same issue with many computer's installed with Windows 10 and the last version off Chrome V:65.0.3325.181.

Uninstall/install GoTo Opener doesn't help to solve the issue.

Reset Chrome settings, always same issue.

Could you please give the steps to fefllow to unable the chrome gotomeeting app and launch automatically the goto meeting app when clicking in the GTM URL from Outlook clander?

Thank you an advance.

AshC
GoTo Moderator

Hello @Salah15 ,

Sorry for all the issues over there.

I too have that same version of Chrome on Windows 10, but do not seem to have the same experience.  Could you state if you have any pop-up blockers or firewall / security software installed in these locations?