cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Trevor_MacT
New Contributor

Re: GotoMeeting auto launch from Chrome not working

I have started having the same problem this week.

Navigating to https://global.gotomeeting.com/  just shows a spinning circle forever.

I have reset Chrome, and uninstalled / reinstalled GTM apps.  Rebooted, etc. etc. 

Everything works fine in Firefox. 

What a pain in the arse.

Salah15
New Contributor

Hi,

I try to turned off the Chrome Pop-up blocker and the antivirus and I try to test again, but I get always the same result. So it seems to be not related to Pop-up blocker or security on PC.

AshC
LogMeIn Contributor

Sorry about that! 

If you continue to experience launcher issues, could you confirm the Chrome build installed there?

Infrequently, new Chrome releases may change plugin behaviors without our knowledge.

danatsosa
New Contributor

I'm experiencing same issue in this thread for Chrome but no from IE10.   My Chrome version is:  

Version 65.0.3325.181 (Official Build) (64-bit)

AshC
LogMeIn Contributor

@danatsosa  Do you also have AdBlocker, Privacy Badger, or similar plugins installed that would stop the GoTo Opener from launching automatically? 

Have you tried testing while temporarily disabling pop-up blockers or local security software?

Have you considered removing the GoToMeeting Launcher and Application from your computer before rebooting and reinstalling again?

View solution in original post

Krowe
New Contributor

I am having the same issue on one of my clients laptops. I have reset Chrome, Uninstall and Reinstalled both Go To's. I have ad blocker turned off and suspended my AV (Trend Micro).  It is a Windows 10 machine with all updates current.  There has to be a real fix to this issue. The above work sometimes but mostly not.

Thanks,

AshC
LogMeIn Contributor

@Krowe  If sometimes disabling your Ad-Blocker works, have you tested the GoToMeeting join flow with an alternate security app to see if the problem is there?

Is the same security app installed in other browsers?

LDP-KStill
New Contributor

I am installing GoToMeetings 10.18.19932 using the G2MSetup10.18.19932_IT.msi

I managed to install everything correctly, for all users. When they click links, it does not automatically open GoToMeetings... I looked it up and it seems like its missing GoTo Opener.

So I also installed GoTo Opener (Multi User) 1.0.539 using the GoToOpenerMultiUser.msi

It also get's installed for all users... no problem. However none of the users can click any "GoToOpener" links and have it actually popup the meeting. They still must type in the meeting ID to join.

This is very annoying. Can someone please explain how to get this to work correctly?