cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
To help support our community and customers during the outbreak of Coronavirus (COVID-19), LogMeIn is providing free Emergency Remote Work Kits for Health Care Providers, Educational Institutions, Municipalities, Non-Profit organizations, and current LogMeIn customers. For more information please visit https://www.gotomeeting.com/work-remote
Highlighted
New Contributor

Gotomeeting Desktop App always quits and restarts after Login

Using a paid account, I want to use the Desktop App, latest version, on Windows 10. Starting the Desktop App an fill in my credentials the App quits and restarts but still I'm not logged in. I receive no error message - the App just quits and restarts. Using the same credentials on the Website, the login is successful. 

There is no Antivirus or Firewall active, which could harm the Gotomeeting-App.

Any suggestions, or is there a known bug in the desktop app of gotomeeting?

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Gotomeeting Desktop App always quits and restarts after Login

@Wombel  Can you be specific about any local security apps that are installed, and if you see the same behavior when you log in under a different user account on the same PC? 

Highlighted
New Contributor

There are no security Apps installed. For test I've also diabled windows defender and firewall.
Yes, same behavior when using different windows account. Also I've already tried uninstall Gotomeeting App and reinstall the latest version. Any suggestions?
Highlighted
LogMeIn Contributor

@Wombel  Were you previously a member of a GoToMeeting Free plan? 

Highlighted
New Contributor

Yes. But for the new paid plan I use different credentials and a different mailadress.
Highlighted
New Contributor

I have exaktly the same problem with my new Win10 computer.

Could you fix it? Any hints?

Highlighted
New Contributor

No. The GotoMeeting Support is a mess and useless. At their website they claim nearly everywhere to offer "great support".
We decided to kick out GotoMeeting and choosed a different VC-Solution - Google Meet and Blizz.
Highlighted
LogMeIn Contributor

@JoWu  What operating system and local security software do you have set up to use with GoToMeeting? 

Have you done any troubleshooting there yet, like reinstalling GoToMeeting or testing from a different device?

Highlighted
New Contributor

As I wrote in the first post: No security software, no firewall. Tried already reinstalling - as user, as admin, as admin with elevated rights. Always same behaviour.

Highlighted
New Contributor

I'm using a brand new pc with Win10 64 bit. Local security Software ist Windows Defender.

GoToMeeting works fine on all other devices (e.a. my old Win10-computer, my Win10-notebook and my iPad).