cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Active Contributor

Gotomeeting for Outlook plugin not working (Win10, Office 365 MSO 64-bit)

Hi all,

After using Office Updates to apply latest updates a few weeks ago, I have been unable to make the Gotomeeting plugin insert any meeting link, info, time/date and dial-in numbers. The button "Add Meeting" is available, and the meeting is created and can be seen in the My Meetings list. The incident has happened on both my desktop computer at work, and at home. My laptop computer at work doesn't have the problem.

All three computers are running MS Windows 10 64-bit, and this version of Outlook: Microsoft Outlook for Office 365 MSO (16.0.111126.20192) 64-bit.

On the two desktop computers I have tried to uninstall and reinstall the plugin, with no result. I have tried to reinstall the required software (except Office). Nothing seems to make a difference. What am I missing here?

Please help - much appreciated.

Kind regards from Denmark!

/Per

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Gotomeeting for Outlook plugin not working (Win10, Office 365 MSO 64-bit)

@PerFerdi  We actuall have a brand new plugin for Outlook 365 users, available today through the local application's Outlook Store, or through the web as an add-in called 'GoToMeeting Scheduler'.  See if you can update to this version after uninstalling the old plugin.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Active Contributor

Not sure if this little extra helps, but I am noticing my Skype Meetings plug-in also doesn't work after the upgrade?

Tags (1)
LogMeIn Contributor

@PerFerdi  We actuall have a brand new plugin for Outlook 365 users, available today through the local application's Outlook Store, or through the web as an add-in called 'GoToMeeting Scheduler'.  See if you can update to this version after uninstalling the old plugin.

View solution in original post

Active Contributor

Yay! It works! Awesome, thank you so much.

Active Contributor

Hmm, it worked great until just now. When I click Generate New Meeting Link, it simply responds "Error adding meeting.", and nothing else happens. 

Error adding meeting.

Error adding meeting.

Error adding meeting.

Error adding meeting.

Error adding meeting.Error adding meeting.

Error adding meeting.
LogMeIn Contributor

@PerFerdi   That may be one of the bugs the GoToMeeting team is still working out.  I will check to see if this issue is being addressed currently.

New Contributor

I currently have an e/u computer that i've attempted installing both the web download & Outlook  Store download into their Outlook application.

The web download will show up in the top right of their bar but when clicked will give the error message "We apologize but an error has occured while processing your request." This is also after force-enabling the device due to a disable that Outlook made due to the performance of the add-in.

After uninstalling/reinstalling multiple times, I turned to the Outlook Store plugin. This add-in will appear when I go to manage add-ins but not on the top bar where the web downloaded add-in appeared originally.

Not sure why either add-in downloads are having issues with her machine as it worked fine for mine when adding it in.

Could there be an underlying problem that I'm missing or an easy fix to this issue that I can move forward on?

Thanks!

LogMeIn Contributor

@NickInnoTech  I would first try signing out / into the plugin when receiving that error message.

Secondly, I would try creating an appointment first, then see if the GoToMeeting schedule option appears in that menu bar.

New Contributor

Unfortunately, that error message will display immediately as I attempt to login to the add-in. 

The 'Meet Now' & 'Schedule Meeting' portion of the add-in are displaying fine, it's just when I attempt to click either that I receive the error message. 

When clicking either on my personal system, it works just fine with no issues and prompts for login credentials.

LogMeIn Contributor

I'm uncertain what's happening with that Outlook version, but one othe way to install is strictly as an Admin:  https://support.logmeininc.com/gotomeeting/help/install-gotomeeting-outlook-in-silent-mode-for-admin...