cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Like2Detail
New Contributor

Help : Macbook Pro : Versions won't update

I've spoken with support on this three times over the past few months and I'm getting no help at all so fingers crossed...  I'm on a late 2017 Macbook Pro.  I have the "new meeting experience" turned on in my settings.  The app on my computer has the new logo and shows version 10.13.1 build 18705 when I open it.  As soon as I start a meeting though, the app icon changes to the old one and the version  changes to 8.38.1 build 11282.  My last interaction with support was a screen share and I was told that's normal for a Macbook.

Anyone?  Thanks in advance!!!

6 REPLIES 6
Like2Detail
New Contributor

Re: Help : Macbook Pro : Versions won't update

Oh yeah I forgot.  If I delete the second app icon that shows 8.38.1, empty the trash and restart the machine it still reinstalls it as soon as I start my next meeting.  So frustrating.

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@Like2Detail

Try using this removal tool we developed for Mac OS:  https://github.com/robotmachine/GoToMeeting-Removal-Tool/releases/download/latest/GoToMeeting-Remova...

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
Like2Detail
New Contributor

Thanks, I tried that before as well.  I actually think it's something on my account.  Like the account isn't recognizing the "new meeting" checkbox.  I started a meeting today on my Dell PC and it did the same thing.  Any ideas there?

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Is your Community email the same as your GoToMeeting email?  It may be that somehow the account set a software version in place some time ago which blocked all subsequent updates.

Like2Detail
New Contributor

No, unfortunately when I tried to use my company email to create the thread it wouldn't allow me to.  I used my personal email just to get this working.  I did reach out to some of the admin's from the company to check it out.  Is that something that they will be able to see that I cannot?

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Yes, your administrator may also control the software versions for the account, so it's best to check with them first.  Afterwards, Customer Support can check your individual account setting if the admin states there are no restrictions in place.