cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
New Contributor

How can someone start my meeting in my place?

How to start a meeting when I as the organizer am either on vacation or in a place where I cannot be connected (on phone or internet). How can the meeting continue rather than wait and be hearing "Waiting for organizer"
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
LogMeIn Manager

Re: How can someone start my meeting in my place?

Hi,

There are only two ways for someone else to start the meeting instead of you:

1. They log into your account as you and start it from there. Obviously this is not ideal, as it would mean sharing your login information. 
  2. They are an organizer on the same account (multi-organizer), as you and you schedule them as a co-organizer.

If you have a smartphone or tablet, you can use one of our free apps to start the meeting from anywhere, and then hand off the meeting to one of the other attendees to present before you disconnect.

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

View solution in original post

23 REPLIES 23
Highlighted
New Contributor

Yup.  I was wondering the same thing... ????? 
Highlighted
LogMeIn Manager

Hi,

There are only two ways for someone else to start the meeting instead of you:

1. They log into your account as you and start it from there. Obviously this is not ideal, as it would mean sharing your login information. 
  2. They are an organizer on the same account (multi-organizer), as you and you schedule them as a co-organizer.

If you have a smartphone or tablet, you can use one of our free apps to start the meeting from anywhere, and then hand off the meeting to one of the other attendees to present before you disconnect.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
New Contributor

oky but i would connect the computer
Highlighted
New Contributor

Is there no other way? This is not ideal for me to always be the one to start the meeting and hand it over. I need to maintain admin controls but this can get very old for multiple, weekly meetings where I have nothing to do with the meeting, let along when I'm in vacation. This makes me personally a slave to the system. There must be a work around.
Highlighted
New Contributor

I would be interested in this as well as we have weekly meetings and ideally I want to set up a rota so managers take it in turns - helps develop them and gives me a break!!
Highlighted
New Contributor

Come on GTM, people go on vacations, travel, etc.  Should be able to delegate meeting start up without handing off login credentials.
Highlighted
LogMeIn Manager

Hi Bob, if you are part of a multi organizer account you can add someone as a co-organizer. They are able to start the meeting in your place: http://support.citrixonline.com/en_US/meeting/all_files/G2M090033

Highlighted
Active Contributor

Agree!
Highlighted
Active Contributor

Only if done specifically per meeting and in advance - there is no way to setup a default co organizer!  Not good.