cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
New Contributor

How do I add a GoToMeeting shortcut to "My Meetings" to the task bar in Windows?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
LogMeIn Manager

Re: How do I add a GoToMeeting shortcut to "My Meetings" to the task bar in Windows?

Thank you @taka2626, it does. 

The GoToMeeting software that installs on attendee computers does not create a shortcut by default. This is because attendees would only use the software when they join a meeting, and that happens automatically when you click on a meeting link.

You can create one manually in Windows by:

1. Right-clicking on the desktop
  2. New > Shortcut
  3. Then paste: C:\Users\YourWindowsUserName\AppData\Local\GoToMeeting\12023\g2mstart.exe "/Action Host" "/Trigger Shortcut" "/Product G2M" 
  4. Click Next
  5. Name the shortcut GoToMeeting
  6. Click Finish

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
11 REPLIES 11
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: How do I add a GoToMeeting shortcut to "My Meetings" to the task bar in Windows?

Hi Guido,
All you have to do is get your signed-in copy of GoToMeeting running, where you'll see the flower icon down near the clock (sometimes hiding).  Right-click this icon when signed-in, and 'My Meetings' should be there for you.

New Contributor

Thank you Ash for responding, but you are confusing System Tray with Taskbar. System Tray is in lower right corner on Windows. Taskbar is customarily along bottom of screen in Windows. I want to "pin" the G2M flower icon onto my Taskbar.
LogMeIn Contributor

You should be able to right click an Application from the list of Programs and select 'Pin to taskbar', as a windows function.

New Contributor

That did the trick, thank you Ash for the prompt and helpful response.
Active Contributor

Hello,

I am taka2626 in japan.

I can't add a Gotomeeting shortcut on desktop.

Are your answers still valid?

Thank you.

LogMeIn Manager

Hi @taka2626 

What version of Windows are you using? Do you have the GoToMeeting software installed and do you host meetings?

Active Contributor

Thank you Glenn.

I using Windows10 Home edition. And I have GoToMeeting (8.39.5 Build 12022).

I'm not host.

Does this information solve the problem ?

LogMeIn Manager

Thank you @taka2626, it does. 

The GoToMeeting software that installs on attendee computers does not create a shortcut by default. This is because attendees would only use the software when they join a meeting, and that happens automatically when you click on a meeting link.

You can create one manually in Windows by:

1. Right-clicking on the desktop
  2. New > Shortcut
  3. Then paste: C:\Users\YourWindowsUserName\AppData\Local\GoToMeeting\12023\g2mstart.exe "/Action Host" "/Trigger Shortcut" "/Product G2M" 
  4. Click Next
  5. Name the shortcut GoToMeeting
  6. Click Finish

Active Contributor

Thank you GlennD.

I was able to create a shortcut on the desktop.

I appreciate it very much.