cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: How do I add a GoToMeeting shortcut to "My Meetings" to the task bar in Windows?

I am using Windows/10 Pro  Version 1803 build(17134.648) with GoToMeeting  version 8.38.1  Build 11282.    When I try to pin GoToMeeting to the task bar by right clicking the launched application and selecting the 'pin to taskbar' option it creates a shortcut that doesn't work.  

The shortcut looks like this:

GotoMeeting1.jpg

If I look at the properties of the shortcut on the desktop it looks like this:

GotoMeeting2.jpg

Has anyone seen this behavior before?    The 'pinned' shortcut appears to be incorrect.    This happens on mutiple users desktops and at different versions of GoToMeeting. 

For now I have removed the 'pinned' shortcuts and have the users use the Desktop shortcut only.  

Highlighted
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: How do I add a GoToMeeting shortcut to "My Meetings" to the task bar in Windows?

@Warrenma  Sorry for any confusion there.  This thread was specifically about creating a desktop shortcut, which is different than pinning a program to the task bar.  If you are not satisfied with the desktop alternative, and your users have GoToMeeting installed locally, then they can also set this software to launch upon startup (through the local Preferences), and be accessible through the task bar as an active icon.

Highlighted
Active Contributor

Hi Glen,

My boss has to join a Goto Meeting everyday.

She would like her Win10x64 computer to automatically join Goto Meeting everyday at a specific time of the day.

As of now, it is possible to setup Windows Task manager to open Goto Meeting successfully in two ways but she wants to avoid all confirmation dialogue boxes and go directly to the meeting without clicking any other buttons. How can this level of automation be done?

Two methods listed below have been tried and while they work they still require additional user confirmation to actually join the meeting.

1. Open meeting using the web address. In this case the user has to click a button in the web browser to actually join the meeting.

For example: https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/xxxxxxxxx

2. Open meeting using g2m program but here also, the user has to choose the specific meeting to attend and click another button to actually join. The command line being used is listed below. Is this correct?
For example: C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Local\GoToMeeting\12022\g2mstart.exe "/Action Host" "/Trigger Shortcut" "/Product G2M"

2020-03-11 11_25_32-Window.png

Why does the GoToMeeting folder have seemingly multiple folders with duplicate data in each folder.  Which folder is best to use for automatic login? Refering to GoToMeeting folder path: "C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Local\GoToMeeting."

2020-03-11 11_19_52-Window.png

Any clues appreciated.

Thank you.

Highlighted
LogMeIn Contributor

Hi @NativeNewYorker

The url format of ' https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/xxxxxxxxx ' should actually bring attendees directly into the meeting as long as their web browser as set the GoTo Launcher to automatically open GoToMeeting every time.  The exception to this case is a personalized meeting url (gotomeet.me/FirstLast), which directs attendees to the Organizer's unique landing page by design. 

I believe what you're seeing with multiple GoToMeeting folders represents past software versions that were installed after each time they attended a newer meeting build. In this case you should use the largest numbered build, which would represent the newest version available / installed there.