cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SeanNelson
New Contributor

Re: How do I edit or remove the welcome message?

Instead of saying hello the "Message from the Organizer" is giving out my number which I don't want it to do anymore!
AshC
LogMeIn Contributor

Hi Robert,
Sorry for any issues there.  I'm not 100% certain why that messaging would remain yet.  Could you test by uninstalling the GoToMeeting software before you host your next meeting?

GlennD
LogMeIn Manager

Thanks Sean, that looks like you have Use my own conference call service selected in your account Settings. If you log into you account on the website and click on Settings, you can edit that message there.

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
SeanNelson
New Contributor

Thnx that worked 🙂
naniboujou
New Contributor

I have this same question. My welcome message in chat no longer appears. I would love updated instructions on how to restore this.

AshC
LogMeIn Contributor

@naniboujou  Sorry about that! 

Can you tell us what operating system and GoToMeeting version you're using there?

Have you already gone through a full re-installation of the desktop software?

naniboujou
New Contributor

I'm on a mac using Big Sur 11.2.1

using Chrome browser

When I type "what version gotomeeting am I using" in the question field I don't get a helpful response, so I don't know how to find out this answer.

And no I had no inkling about reinstalling the desktop software. 

Is there anyway you can tell me where I go to see my welcome chat message before I take these other steps?

AshC
LogMeIn Contributor

@naniboujou  You would see the welcome message in your own chat window when you launch the meeting.  Pre-setting the welcome message should save into the local app settings, so as soon as you host the meeting it should appear: https://support.goto.com/meeting/help/manage-preferences-for-the-desktop-app-mac-g2m020018 

If this isn't happening, can you remove GoToMeeting from your applications folder before rebooting and then hosting a new session through gotomeeting.com ?