cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Active Contributor

Re: How to always use the Desktop Version by default?

By working with support I learned that, if the host has the "New attendees using Chrome will join from the Web App" setting enabled, then when I click the meeting link it has me join via the web app. If the host has this option disabled then when I click the meeting link it has me join via the desktop app. (Also if I use a browser other than Chrome then it has me join via the desktop app, but Chrome is my default browser and I do not want to change that.)

This feature doesn't seem to be working as expected, though. In the GoToMeeting settings page it states that "Attendees who have already downloaded GoToMeeting will still join from the desktop app." My experience is different - it is loading the web app for me even though I have already downloaded GoToMeeting.

Support indicated that they would forward my report on to the development team for review, as they agree my experience is different than the documentation suggests.

New Contributor

Sorry, your reply does not really help. The question is: How can I set up Google Chrome on OSX to always launch the Desktop App on my Mac when I click on a GotoMeeting link? While Safari always launches the App, in Chrome the meeting is always started in the browser window, which I simply don't love. Why should I install a native app which has a separate dock icon and runs independantly, and then not use it?

LogMeIn Contributor

@thobarthkk  Does the same thing happen in Chrome when you reinstall the GoTo package manually through this browser?  I have seen where an original request by Chrome to install may have been missed, and never returned-- thus sending subsequent join flows through the browser window instead.