cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Active Contributor

Re: How to always use the Desktop Version by default?

Hi folks. has there been any update to the way this works? I am a regular user and just recently when clicking a gotomeeting link the links started launching the web client wheres for the last several years they launched the desktop client. I absolutely want to be using the desktop client but can not figure out what setting was changed to make this happen.
New Contributor

I, too am looking for this solution.
Active Contributor

Is there any update on setting your computer/browser to default to the desktop client?

The web client is described as "faster and does not require any additional  software be installed" but we've found that screen sharing from it has problematic performance issues even with a modern i7 processor in Chrome. 

As of now I have to recommend that users paste the Meeting ID into the "Join..." dialog accessed form the GTM tray icon. Clicking on the link in emails was a must better experience. 

I have seen the checkbox for "Attendees will join meetings from the web app". We don't want to use that because the web app does have a purpose for attendees that don't have the client installed yet. We just need the ability to configure a PC to consistently open GTM urls with the desktop client.
Active Contributor

The experience I am having when I engage my clients with Goto Meeting recently has been quite poor. The most recent example was yesterday where a client clicked the link I sent them to access the meeting and for them it launched the web client. Then during the presentation I needed keyboard and mouse control and after 5 minutes of looking around we realized this is not available in the web client. So the meeting has to be stopped while client downloads the desktop version which where everyone involved is on an hourly rate is a huge waste of money. Please either make the web version equal to the desk top version or stop launching it by default. I feel like we need to find a new meeting tool since this issue has been going on for quite some time.
Active Contributor

Billy, your use case may actually benefit from turning off the "Attendees will join meetings from the web app" in your Settings on https://global.gotomeeting.com/

Here's the instructions
http://support.citrixonline.com/en_US/Meeting/help_files/G2M090005?Title=Enable+the+Web+App
Active Contributor

Excellent! Thanks for the link.
New Contributor

Is there an update to this issue? The thinner feature set in the webapp makes the client version launch much more attractive.
LogMeIn Manager

Hi Jim, if you have the desktop software installed, it will launch be default when you host or attend. If you are a first time attendee and do not have the desktop software installed, you will join with the Web App. If you are an organizer you can disable the Web App in your account Settings so that all attendees joining your meetings from compatible Windows PCs and Mac will use the desktop software. Those attendees using older systems or Linux PCs will continue to join with the Web App.
Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
Active Contributor

When I click on a link in an Outlook meeting invite, it opens in Chrome, which starts the web client. I have the full desktop client installed and have tried uninstalling/re-installing it. I have to paste the Meeting ID into the desktop client to get it to open.

Am I doing something wrong?
New Contributor

This is my problem as well. I feel like this is a recent change, as I've been using GTM for a few years without this. Maybe a new setting?