cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LogMeIn Manager

Re: How to always use the Desktop Version by default?

This is an issue with our Launcher not running correctly, it should detect that you have the desktop software installed and launch that automatically. This may have been caused by a update to your browser or the operating system. You can uninstall the current Launcher on your PC through the Windows Control Panel, just like any other application. Just look for the Citrix Online plug-in listed in the Manage Programs list. This should result in a new copy of the Launcher being installed when you next start or join a meeting.
Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
New Contributor

Glenn: if I am starting my meeting then the desktop app launches just fine. However, if my meeting is already started (I have added others as organizers of my meeting) then I go into the web app. It started doing this very, very recently. I have to believe some new bug was introduced. It's clearly not as simple as the Launcher not running correctly since it works just fine when I'm starting the meeting.
New Contributor

Any updates to this issue? When I click on a GoToMeeting link, it opens a blank page in Safari. I uninstalled everything related to GoToMeeting/Citrix, and reinstalled the Online Launcher. It has not reinstalled the plug-in for Safari.

At this point, I have to manually launch GoToMeeting and copy/paste the meeting ID. It's not the end of the world, but certainly less than ideal...
New Contributor

Don't know if this will help anyone, but for me, when the webapp loaded, and I was in the meeting, I clicked the "Switch to the desktop app" button, and the desktop app loaded.  The next time I clicked a link, it took me to the desktop app. I've not cleared cache yet to see if there is a cookie for this, but still, it worked for me for now.
New Contributor

Same problem here. Windows 7.
New Contributor

I am finding the web version very frustrating as well. It is fine if I am just demoing something but any time I need a user to share their screen it takes 3 or 4 minutes to explain to them how to do it. If I need to get control of their desktop it is a disaster. It can take 25 minutes to explain to them how to switch to the desktop version.
LogMeIn Manager

Hi Drew, can you provide more details about why it takes so long for them to switch? Do they not identify the switch button on their control panel easily? You can disable the Web App in your Settings after logging into your account on the website.

New Contributor

They can't figure it out. I try to explain to them but it's usually several minutes of confusion. The button is too hidden and the whole control panel alignment along the right hand side is hard for them to use. Some people don't even realize the icons are buttons. A few don't even know to look in the browser, they are looking for controls overlaid in their desktop, esp if previously they have used the desktop version of this software or other similar software.

I work with mostly non tech management types. Then when they do find it it disconnects the active web session and that freaks them out.

Also sometimes the launcher doesn't work.

Anyway thanks for getting back to me and the tip about disabling the web version in settings. I'll do this right away.
New Contributor

+1 For desktop by default! Web audio/video never connects, desktop works flawlessly.
LogMeIn Manager

Hi Joel, you can disable the Web App in your account settings already. That will make attendees join with the desktop software by default.