cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
New Contributor

I want to mute GoToMeeting so that I can hear audio from another application on my computer.

I am participating in a GoToMeeting and the room takes a break for lunch. I want to watch another video on YouTube, but also not hear the sounds from the GoToMeeting. On a scale of 'Unicorn' to 'Yeah, we can do this!' where does this one rank?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
LogMeIn Manager

Re: I want to mute GoToMeeting so that I can hear audio from another application on my computer.

Hi,

We have added a new No Audio option to the most recent versions of our desktop and mobile software. This will allow you to remain in the meeting without the hearing the conference call audio, and you can reconnect at any time.

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
LogMeIn Manager

Re: I want to mute GoToMeeting so that I can hear audio from another application on my computer.

Hi Scott,

If you use a PC running Windows Vista or later, you should be able to right click the speaker icon, open the Volume Mixer and mute GoToMeeting specifically.

If you are certain Mac OS, you can try holding the Option key while you click on the GoToMeeting icon in order to adjust only the volume for this single app.

New Contributor

Thanks Glenn, I use a Mac and OS 10.11.4
Contributor

Hi Scott,

For a PC, Glenn has the right idea to mute the specific audio output.  Unfortunately, Mac OS itself does not offer the same flexibility as anything playing on the system gets tied into the same audio output channel.  if the meeting organizer has allowed both the options for "Mic & Speakers" and "Telephone" for the meeting, a workaround would be to toggle your audio selection to the Telephone choice.  This leaves you connected in the meeting to see when the screen sharing activity begins again but the software would not be looking for the audio as it thinks you'll be dialing in.  Once you are ready to continue, you can toggle the audio choice back to Mic & Speakers and it will reconnect to the audio within a few seconds.
New Contributor

Thanks, Adrian this is helpful
New Contributor

Perfect, thank you Glenn
LogMeIn Manager

Hi,

We have added a new No Audio option to the most recent versions of our desktop and mobile software. This will allow you to remain in the meeting without the hearing the conference call audio, and you can reconnect at any time.

View solution in original post