cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Icon and Start menu items missing on Windows 10 and GTM 8.24.0.xxxx

@dpetri Hello,

I apologize for all the trouble this has caused your group.

Since the problem began, have you reached out to our support staff directly through one of the Support Contact flows?  We are interested to investigate your experience completely, and would very much like to examine the log files from one of the affected machines.  Please give us a call when an affected PC is available so that additional data can be documented fully.

New Contributor

This issues is still a major pain.

The fact that it is still a debilitating issue so many months later speaks volumes.

Killing the g2mlauncher process in task manager does cause it to reset and bring the tray icon back.  Not the best user experience though.

LogMeIn Manager

Hi @djedziniak 

If you are having this issue please call our toll-free support so that one of our representatives can gather details and investigate: https://support.logmeininc.com/gotomeeting/contactus 

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
New Contributor

I am on windows 10.  The OP laid this out beautifully, so not sure what I will be able to add.

LogMeIn Manager

@djedziniak 

This is not a widely experienced issue,  it is not something that happens to all customers running Windows 10 (all of our PCs run Windows 10). We need log files from the computers this is happening on, we need to know more about the network/environment you are part of etc.

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
New Contributor

I contacted support.

They wanted me to reproduce it on command.  Not possible, since it appears to be an issue with GTM itself randomly dropping the tray icon.

This all started when about a year ago when Logmein started pushing the web client version of GTM.  I cannot make it happen on command, but it happens at least once a day.

I am using 8.39.1 Build 11589