cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Active Contributor

Integration with Plantronics bluetooth headset mute button?

About over a year or so ago the mute button the headset used to toggle the GTM mute. About a year ago it stopped working. I was told by customer support that the headset is not supported, but it's a pretty popular headset.

Is this something GTM will add support for?
Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Contributor

Re: Integration with Plantronics bluetooth headset mute button?

Rob, I was told the same thing about a Bose headset I use. I was advised to only use USB headsets not ones that require a headset jack. I realize that wireless is different but wanted to share the advice I got. 
Highlighted
Retired LogMeIn Contributor

Hi Rob, what is the specific model of your Plantronics headset? Is the mute button supposed to mute the hardware itself, or does it only utilize the mute function within a program, such as GoToMeeting? If the former, it sounds like the headset's mute button may be broken; does it work in other programs or on phone calls?

Highlighted
Active Contributor

Hey Michael, sorry I should've been more clear. It's the Plantronics Voyager Legend. The mute button sends a command to computer rather than muting the headset itself. It works fine with X-Lite and used to work with GTM but hasn't worked for a while. I've done all the firmware update, settings checks, etc.

Basically only an issue when using the in-app comms instead of phone, but that tends to be most of my meetings.

I also have logs of the bluetooth interaction and commands sent/received when the mute button is pushed, which I did send to customer support before in hopes that they would make a feature request for, but it was quickly dismissed.

Thanks
Highlighted
Active Contributor

Bump
Highlighted
New Contributor

I would like to know when this will be addressed, as well. I really like the Plantronics Voyager/Legend BT headset, but it really stinks that the mute button doesn't work with GOTO Meeting...