cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Active Contributor

Is there a way to magnify or zoom in through the Web App?

The presenter has a screen with high resolution.  When viewed by clients with lower resolution screens, GoToMeeting scales down the desktop proportionally.  This scaling is done so the full desktop can be viewed on any size screen.

Unfortunately, however, the font text in some cases becomes too small for comfortable reading.  In our example, it occurs when we are reviewing an Excel spreadsheet.

Now, the presenter could theoretically size up the application font, but he doesn't know the dimensions of the client's screens and won't know how large he needs to make the presentation.

So, the question is, does GoToMeeting offer any tools a client can use to control the scaling factor.  Or, in other words, can the screen be magnified somehow if the fonts are too small to read?  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Active Contributor

Re: Is there a way to magnify or zoom in on a portion of the presenter's screen?

Ok.  I see.  So the Web app does not support zooming yet but may in the future.  To handle zooming, the attendees will have to install the desktop app or mobile app.

Thanks for your help.  I appreciate your time.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
LogMeIn Manager

Re: Is there a way to magnify or zoom in on a portion of the presenter's screen?

Hi Chris,

In the top left corner of the attendee's window they have controls that let them zoom in or out of the presenter's window. On our mobile apps they and pinch to zoom just like any other app.
Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
Highlighted
Active Contributor

Interesting.
I don't see the controls you describe.  Here is a sample client screen shot switched to full screen.

The presenter appears to have those controls, however.  Here is a screen shot from the presenter's screen.

So, is there something we are doing wrong?  Is there a setting to enable the controls on the client side?

Thanks.
Highlighted
LogMeIn Manager

Sorry for the confusion. The first screenshot is of our new Web App, it lets attendees join directly through their web browser without having to install, but it does not have all of the features of our desktop software yet. The second screenshot is of our someone attending using our desktop software, which is why they have the zoom feature. Any attendee joining from a compatible Windows PC or Mac and choose to switch to the desktop software by selecting to switch in the Web Apps control panel displayed on the right hand side.
Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
Highlighted
Active Contributor

Ok.  I see.  So the Web app does not support zooming yet but may in the future.  To handle zooming, the attendees will have to install the desktop app or mobile app.

Thanks for your help.  I appreciate your time.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
New Contributor

Not able to see the Zoom settings. See attached.Goto Error.png

Highlighted
LogMeIn Contributor

@surbhi Sorry, what operating system and GoToMeeting version are you using there?