cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hillary B. Lavi
New Contributor

Is there any way to change the frame rate of a session recording?

I see that many folks are having a sync issue where the slides are not syncing up with the audio. As a "video person," I know what the issue is. The sessions are being recorded at an INCREDIBLY low frame rate (less than 1 frame per second, it varies depending upon the conversion you choose). So my question is: can I change the preferences for the recording frame rate? Having a .33 fps recording makes it impossible to see anything in real time, thus making the recording relatively useless for attendees who can't make the meeting. Several months ago, this was not an issue for me. My recordings were consistently running at either 31 or 15 fps, and suddenly last month, they started recording at .33 and .73 fps. What's the deal?!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
GlennD
GoTo Manager

Re: Is there any way to change the frame rate of a session recording?

Hi Hillary,

There are not any settings for the recording feature that affect the data rate, what you would need to do is run the file through another application and have it re-sample at a higher rate. 

There is a free video application that you can download here: http://handbrake.fr/ 

- Make a copy of the GoToWebinar file and then select it as the video Source in Handbrake. 

- Set the handbrake settings like in this screen shot. 

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
bbharat
New Contributor

Hi Hillary,

Can you email me the original files (under your recordings folder) and the final recorded file? Was this an online recorded session or locally? We do local recording as a backup so you should have that as well. If you can email me download links to these files, I can follow up. 

bharat.bharat@citrix.com

Thanks
GlennD
GoTo Manager

Hi Hillary,

There are not any settings for the recording feature that affect the data rate, what you would need to do is run the file through another application and have it re-sample at a higher rate. 

There is a free video application that you can download here: http://handbrake.fr/ 

- Make a copy of the GoToWebinar file and then select it as the video Source in Handbrake. 

- Set the handbrake settings like in this screen shot. 

Andrew Read
New Contributor

With all due respect, I don't think this is right. The framerate is still the same as before. How is this actually changing anything?
GlennD
GoTo Manager

When you run the recording through an application like Handbrake it captures the existing recording at the higher frame rate and produces a new recording file. You are still working with whatever was captured in the original recording so it won't magically fix everything, but you will have a recording with a higher frame rate. 

Andrew Read
New Contributor

This is exactly the issue that so many people are having. Every day I have to take the video into Handbrake and convert the files to 24p constant. Why can't GoToMeeting/Webinar allow you to pick your frame rates? even if you had 3 choices: High, Medium, and Low, it would make a huge difference.

I come across so many issues with this program it's annoying. 
Andrew Read
New Contributor

Gotcha. I use constant framerate and it seems to work well. But now I'm having cropping issues. These GTW files are falling apart before I can even edit them. 
janice haulan
New Contributor

because gotomeeting is a piece of fucking shit and citrix doesn't care
Andrew Read
New Contributor

Hi, It's me again. so sometimes handbrake works, and sometime it just stops progressing. Is there other software that does the same thing?
Michael16
Retired GoTo Contributor

Hi Andrew, we like to recommend Handbrake because it is free, opensource software. There are alternatives, but I am not familiar with which programs might require payment to unlock all the necessary features. What happens when Handbrake stops progressing? Does the program freeze altogether, or does it appear to just give-up? Does this happen 100% of the time with a single recording, or is it sporadic with different recordings?