cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Contributor

Labs option not available in GoToMeeting desktop application

Hello.

I am trying to use the Rectangle sharing tool included in the Labs beta option that should be available in the GoToMeeting menu, in the desktop application. But I cannot find it.

I tried once that option and it worked fine, but I cannot see the Labs option in the menu anymore.

Captura.JPG

I am using Windows 10 in my laptop.

How can I get the Labs option available again in the application?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Labs option not available in GoToMeeting desktop application

Hello @mddxtt ,

Sorry for the lack of communication around that change.  We recently removed the Labs functionality from GoToMeeting desktop software.  If you'd like to temporarily bring it back, follow this process:

1. Hold down the CTRL Shift and L keys
  2. Click on the GoToMeeting menu

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
LogMeIn Contributor

Hello @mddxtt ,

Sorry for the lack of communication around that change.  We recently removed the Labs functionality from GoToMeeting desktop software.  If you'd like to temporarily bring it back, follow this process:

1. Hold down the CTRL Shift and L keys
  2. Click on the GoToMeeting menu

View solution in original post

New Contributor

Thank you very much for the solution. I find that tool to share a rectangle very useful. Will you add it as a standard option in any of the next versions?

Regards

Active Contributor

I'm looking for exactly that feature back too - sharing the whole huge monitor is too slow and usually too large for meeting rooms. Rectangle share ought to be elevated to a normal feature.

Active Contributor

I can get Labs appearing again with Share rectangle ticked but it's not available from the Start Sharing my: menu. v 8.46.0 13761
LogMeIn Contributor

@fixing_things  Yes, you must enable it manually for every meeting that you want those advanced features.

@mddxtt  We do plan to release some more screen sharing options in the near future, and I believe one of those improvements includes the custom-rectangle as a primary function.

New Contributor

Hello! Is this Labs feature available? I see it in the drop down menu, but I don't see the option to share a rectangle of my screen when selecting a source to share.

LogMeIn Contributor

@Wade_N  On a Windows desktop you should be able to right-click the screen sharing icon to select other options (once rectangle sharing has been checked under Labs).  If not, please let me know the affected operating system and GoTo software versions set up there.

New Contributor

The secret right click! That was it. Thanks!