cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
New Contributor

Maximize on second monitor does not show full screen, no way to get out

(as presenter) I have two monitors, one of which is larger than the other.  If I drag my GotoMeeting to the larger monitor and make the mistake of maximizing it I can only see half the screen and I am unable to fix the display without closing the meeting and getting back into it.  I cannot minimize, or resize or drag the screen over to see more of it.  I am stuck.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: Maximize on second monitor does not show full screen, no way to get out

Driver updates and/or graphics cards don't make a difference - I've tried this with multiple monitors, using different connections, in both Windows & Linux. There's only 1 way I've been able to find to get this to work...

So I hope this helps other people to find this thread - if you move the Control Panel of the meeting itself to the other monitor, THEN change to "Scale to Fit" and "Full Screen", it should resize correctly. You can then move the Control Panel back to your other monitor so you can manage the audio etc. on a seperate screen. So, those check boxes only work on the same monitor that the control panel is on - otherwise you're scaling and such according to your 1st monitors settings.

View solution in original post

25 REPLIES 25
Highlighted
LogMeIn Manager

Hi Deb,

I suspect that your monitors have different screen resolutions, the change between the two is triggering the issue. The GoToMeeting window has a menu at the top that lets you zoom in and out, scale the window to fit or view in the actual size of the Presenter's screen. You should be able to use this menu to adjust the window after you move it from one monitor to another.

I see you are using Windows, is it a regular desktop/laptop PC or are you using a Surface Pro?

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
Highlighted
New Contributor

Hi Glenn,
If you look at the attached screen shot this is what I see.  I cannot get to the menu that allows me to resize once I make the mistake of maximizing.  I cannot drag the screen over to get to the menu.  There appears to be no way to get myself out of this jam without closing the meeting and restarting it....which is not great as I have to tell the client(s) to log back in again.  Any other ideas or is this a defect?
My laptop is a Dell. 
Highlighted
LogMeIn Manager

Sorry Deb, it was tricky to see from the screen shot. If you click on the GoToMeeting window and then hit the Esc on your keyboard, it will take the GoToMeeting window out of full screen. 

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
Highlighted
New Contributor

Great, that works!  Thanks!
Highlighted
New Contributor

did you ever resolve this issue. I can escape out of it but doesn't resolve the fact that it does it in the first instance. I have checked and resolution is the same on both displays.
Highlighted
LogMeIn Contributor

Hi Calvin,
Could you describe how your secondary monitor is currently connected?  Would you also have the specs of the affected PC + Manufacturer model?

Highlighted
New Contributor

Hi, I have the same issue. I use Lenovo W540/P50 with BenQ GW2255 monitor.
Highlighted
New Contributor

I have the same issue on a Dell Precision laptop and additional monitor Acer Monitor S271HL.  It has been a problem for several months. I can expand to full screen on the laptop display with no issue.  The problem occurs when wanting to do full screen on the external monitor.  Both have the same resolution, 1920 x 1080.

Highlighted
LogMeIn Contributor

Hello,
This behavior can sometimes be caused by a less-than-ideal docking station or external monitor converter connection.  If neither of these fit your scenario, I would go directly to your manufacturer's website to check your product ID for any new drivers available for install.