cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Contributor

Re: Maximize on second monitor does not show full screen, no way to get out

Friends, I have the same problem as described above, except that I can have the GTM screen on the monitor, and it is fine, but when the presenter starts presenting, GTM will resize automatically, pushing the sizing controls off the top of the monitor. ESC may get out of maximize, but doesn't resize the screen small enough to bring the controls onto the screen. My external monitor is an ASUS connected through an HDMI cable. My laptop is a lenovo. 
LogMeIn Contributor

Hi Rilene,
Sorry for the trouble there.
GoToMeeting can have weird reactions to displays that are zoomed in or have odd or very high DPI.  Could you specify the display settings there, with regards to % zoom and DPI ratio?

Another thing to consider is if you have a docking station between the monitor and your laptop.

New Contributor

I have two external monitors attached to my HP Spectre x360 via an iCleaver USB port expander.. One is standard 1080p connected to the dock via  HDMI. THe other is 1600x1200 connected via DVI. The 1080p exhibits this problem with window resizing and moving around at random as the presenter changes source, views poll results, etc. Eventually, it moves the window so that the top is off the top of my screen and can no longer be accessed.  On my 1600x1200 monitor attached to DVI, it maximizes with the top missing and the right edge spilled over onto the 1080p monitor to it's right. On the internal screen, it maximizes with no top frame or menu visible. 

So in summary, maximizing the GTM window is an epic fail on all my screens. 

GTM is the *ONLY* application I have used that has any problems with my monitor setup so using the excuse that is is caused by outdated drivers or a bad dock is simply not acceptable. 
New Contributor

So, my monitor is connected directly with an HDMI cable: no docking station. Both screen resolutions are 1920 x 1080. My zoom is set to 55%
LogMeIn Contributor

It could be the zoom setting.  I would test with 100% relative zoom, and see if that helps fix the display issue.

New Contributor

has this been resolved, struggling with same issue. Mine is 2 different resolutions (laptop vs second monitor). This issue is only with GTM and not with other application. Why GTM Support is not paying attention to release a fix. 
LogMeIn Manager

Hi Shailendra,

Can you describe in detail exactly what you seeing? What settings do you have the GoToMeeting window set to before you move it to your other monitor? 

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
New Contributor

I have the same issue. Going Full screen in GTM on a second monitor does not go full screen but is cut off as per original posting.

A partial workaround is to move the main GTM control panel (in desktop version) to the screen that you wish to go full screen on and then launch full screen. This works but you if you minize the control panel to top of screen it goes back to main display. If you then come out of full screen and back in on presentation window it happens again .... so need to be moving the menu window back and forth.

New Contributor

I have the same pb too so : the window won't go further than half height screen when trying to maximize it on the second monitor, its height is locked. If I change zoom : it's just zooming inside the window. But the window itself won't get higher.

Precision : it hasn't always been like that, previously, I was able to go anywhere on the second monitor : at least when resizing the not maximized format

Connexion is through HDMI, second monitor is a TV screen 3840x2160 when my main laptop screen is 1920x1080 (Dell, Intel)

LogMeIn Contributor

Sorry to hear about that strange behavior!

Since the problem began, have you visited your PC and/or graphics card manufacturer websites for any available driver updates?