cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
To help support our community and customers during the outbreak of Coronavirus (COVID-19), LogMeIn is providing free Emergency Remote Work Kits for Health Care Providers, Educational Institutions, Municipalities, Non-Profit organizations, and current LogMeIn customers. For more information please visit https://www.gotomeeting.com/work-remote
Highlighted
New Contributor

Microphone Issues Linux Mint Chrome. Input audio cuts out after a few minutes.

For the last few weeks during sessions where I use the web client from Linux Mint (Chrome Version 79.0.3945.88 (Official Build) (64-bit)) on 19.3 Cinnamon, the microphone cuts out after several minutes. I have used a wired and wireless headset with the same results. It doesn't appear that there is a specific GoToMeeting extension that I can reinstall. I am not sure how to troubleshoot this. Audio otherwise works properly (input and output) with other applications (in Chrome and not).
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
LogMeIn Manager

Re: Microphone Issues Linux Mint Chrome. Input audio cuts out after a few minutes.

Hi,

This issue has been identified as a bug in Chrome and is currently listed here: https://bugs.chromium.org/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=1043040 

We are hoping that Google will address this in Chrome 81 but it is up to them.

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Microphone Issues Linux Mint Chrome. Input audio cuts out after a few minutes.

Hi Kenny,

Are you able to check the site permissions for GoToMeeting while in session (padlock icon) ?  See if you can toggle these to allow the use of microphones permanently.

Highlighted
New Contributor

I kinda did the cardinal troubleshooting sin and did multiple remediations at the same time. I reset Chrome (couldn't hurt to clean it out). I also reset Pulse (also couldn't hurt). I also decided to update the Kernel to 5.3. So far it's working, but I need to stress test some more. I'm also trying out the Vivaldi browser.

Highlighted
New Contributor

I'm having the same issue on Kunbuntu 19.10. Chrome mic setting is on Allow and it still drops the mic.  It had been working flawlessly on 18.04 too before my upgrade, until a certain point Chrome updated. I thought the upgrade to 19.10 would have helped but it doesn't. I tested running Chrome in debug mode the other day and it seemed to have no issue for over 1.5 hrs. Today on a meeting it cut out, relaunched browser in debug mode and it cut out again. It almost seems the audio stream times out for the mic, but I still hear everyone.

My take is it could be a Chrome related issue, but this is the only supported browser!!!! extermely frustrating.

What else can be checked?

Highlighted
New Contributor

I think a similar issue is reported here: https://community.logmein.com/t5/GoToMeeting-Discussions/GoToMeeting-kills-my-microphone-on-Chrome/m...

(unfortunately marked as 'solved' when it actually is not solved)

Highlighted
LogMeIn Manager

Please be sure to read the post that is marked as a solution and the information it asks for.

Highlighted
New Contributor

Hi Glenn,

Just uploaded a log from a call I just had. Was working fine but eventually mic stopped.

Dell Latitude 7480

Ubuntu 19.10

Google Chrome - Version 80.0.3987.132 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Tags (1)
Highlighted
LogMeIn Manager

Hi,

This issue has been identified as a bug in Chrome and is currently listed here: https://bugs.chromium.org/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=1043040 

We are hoping that Google will address this in Chrome 81 but it is up to them.

View solution in original post