cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
New Contributor

New versions of GTM download to Mac, but don't delete previous versions

MAC OS X: both 10.9 and 10.10

So GTM apps will download new versions OK, but they don't overwrite/delete previous versions, hence you discover the following as per the screenshot.  Or is there some button i'm not pressing?
thanks
Jonathan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
LogMeIn Manager

Re: New versions of GTM download to Mac, but don't delete previous versions

Hi,

Unfortunately the versions are not backwards compatible, so that is not an option.  Our auto update routine will remove retired versions as well as versions that have not been used in the last 90 days.  If you are not hosting meetings, you can delete all of the GoToMeeting files from your Applications folder and join using the Chrome browser and our Web App:  https://support.logmeininc.com/gotomeeting/help/web-app-attendee-guide-g2m090027

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
LogMeIn Manager

Hi Jonathan,

We currently support multiple versions of GoToMeeting: http://support.citrixonline.com/en_US/meeting/knowledge_articles/000185085?title=Multiple+Versions+o... It's a little untidy right now if you happen to be lookin in your Applications folder, but we are taking steps to address this.

Highlighted
New Contributor

Any news on this? It's so tedious having to wait for an application to install *every* time you use it. I would never recommend your software. It's just awful.
Highlighted
LogMeIn Manager

Hi Paul,

Our auto update feature preinstalls all the currently supported GoToMeeting versions so that you do not have to install prior to joining a meeting, regardless of who is holding it. It also automatically removes versions after we retire them. Along with this improvement we have continued to develop our Web App, which is gradually becoming the default client for any attendee joining a GoToMeeting for the first time.

Highlighted
New Contributor

Thanks Glenn - I'm not sure if it's this that has broken my GTM but now I cannot launch the 'default' application in my Applications folder as it just takes me directly to your website, so I have to go into the sub-folder and launch a different version. It's really frustrating that's it's so hard just to launch an application, it's normally pretty straightforward... ;-(
Highlighted
New Contributor

this is super annoying. why support so many versions? why not just have the lowest common denominator and the highest. wouldn't that cover everyone?
Highlighted
LogMeIn Manager

Hi,

Unfortunately the versions are not backwards compatible, so that is not an option.  Our auto update routine will remove retired versions as well as versions that have not been used in the last 90 days.  If you are not hosting meetings, you can delete all of the GoToMeeting files from your Applications folder and join using the Chrome browser and our Web App:  https://support.logmeininc.com/gotomeeting/help/web-app-attendee-guide-g2m090027

View solution in original post

Highlighted
New Contributor

That is ridiculous.  I haven't even used GoToMeeting in the last 6 months and there are 12 versions of the software, each one about 80MB in size.   You need to get a software versioning system.

Fix this problem or I'm deleting them all and sticking with join.me.

Screen Shot 2019-10-05 at 21.15.19 .png

Highlighted
LogMeIn Contributor

Hi @billtubbs ,

The new auto-updater for GoToMeeting should be removing old versions that are not currently in circulation.  I believe some customers are still on V8.45, though that one will also be expiring in the coming weeks.

** Alternatively, if you'd like to avoid the desktop software all together, you can certainly join GoToMeetings through your Chrome browser instead.